Proof of unique human

I like that, I like that!

I think you PoI is only valid for a certain timeframe, you have to complete another (completely separate) PoI once this expires (say every month or every year). Everyone has to complete the PoI at the same time.

If this works, it means we don’t have to waste stupid resources farming with GPUs etc. We can just say these are the transactions and digitally sign that I, a unique human say they are okay.

If you are a unique human, it makes it something really cool possible - universal basic income. As a ‘reward’, for being human UBIcoin could issue you with 100 credits each week.

Unless of course you generate your own power in excess of your usage and therefore your meter would run backwards thus disproving your theory.

Sounds laggy. It would also require each participant to have a webcam and enough bandwidth to pull off such a video conference.

Something very similar to this was discusses before on here :slight_smile:

I was thinking about another implementation last night (by chance) which is perhaps even simpler. It’s not fully fleshed out though so here’s just a very rough outline:

There is a token (we’ll call it PUH coin) which has some inherent value (for example it would enable access/give money off certain of apps which benefit from PUH).

I start with 5 PUH coins.

I then nominate 5 people/accounts which I believe to be human and my token is stored as a vote for this person.

That person in turn gets to place a further 5 votes on accounts which they believe are backed by a human, and so on.

As soon as you have voted on someone you start to receive PUH coins as dividend payments at a rate of 0.1 coins per week.

If the user you voted for has another vote of confidence from another user, your dividend payment rises, to say 0.2%. For 3 votes it would be 0.3% until a maximum of 5 votes from other users, and 0.5% dividend payment from that coin each week.

All arbitrary numbers, probably lots of problems/hole/extreme use cases, and surely something similar done before but still maybe a little bit interesting.

1 Like

And what is to stop real time video morphing with voice morphing so that I can talk as two different people in the one video conference. Just not talk over myself.

Or talk to two different groups at the same time as apparently two different people.

The software is often used in animation so the operator can act normally and the character mimics facial expressions and movements. But for human morphing it improving all the time and on a lower res link it is hard to distinguish

Whenever you digitise biometrics the potential to mimic/copy/morph is always present.

2 Likes

Normally in when you are generating you have 2 meters, one for usage and one for generation that both always go up. Although this might not be the case everywhere.

1 Like

Indeed no it’s not true everywhere which is kind of my point.

1 Like

And meters can be replaced. The person moves house too.

Over the population it would represent a lot of situations. Not particularly suited as a proof of unique human, But of course shared housing, mobile homes, living in RVs all suffer from never having that one-to-one relationship between meters and person.

2 Likes

Like @Andrew_Masters wrote, the POIs are only valid during a certain time-frame. Each POI is valid until a next set of POIs have been issued one month later, and when you get a new POI, that new one is not traceable to your previous one.

The protocol is similar to what Bryan Ford described in his 2008 whitepaper, https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/accountable-pseudonyms-socialnets08.pdf

​_We propose Pseudonym parties, a scheme for creating accountable pseudonyms, which combine inperson social occasions (parties) with technical infrastructure (a pseudonymous sign-on service) to enforce the rule that one real person gets one virtual persona on any participating online service. Pseudonym parties enable the user to adopt different personas in different online spaces without revealing the connection between them, while ensuring that each user has only one accountable pseudonym in each space. Pseudonym parties can be started incrementally in a fully decentralized fashion, can run on volunteer labor with minimal funds, and may even be fun._​

The POI tokens are not by themselves tied to an image of you, or a name, or any other identity-data. Since the tokens are not linked to ‘who you are’, but rather to the proof that it’s very hard to obtain multiple of these tokens, they could be understood as being anonymous tokens. These tokens can then be used to sign identity data like a uPort ID or other IDs, or used to gain access to governance services such as crypto basic income.

1 Like

The unique human concept is a dead-end if the purpose is to keep an infinity of bots out. The remedy to that threat is economic, such as payment, or POS or POW. Then you will have a few (or more than a few) bots amongst the humans, both of whom will be able to engage in smart contracts.

The POI protocol uses deposits to remedy the risk of being attacked by an infinite number of bots.

from GitHub - proofofindividuality/poi: draft of the full http://proofofindividuality.online system,

FAQ

Could you expand a bit on how the anti-spam mechanism works?

The randomization makes it hard to gain control of entire groups, but controlling 2x or more the total number of users is a way to bypass that. Anti-spam deposits make it very expensive to perform this attack.

Yeah, if making an account that can do important stuff costs an investment of time, money and/or effort it strongly incentivises against multiple accounts. The issue is the on-boarding process can’t be too hard or people won’t join to start with.

1 Like

Thanks (I really want this to be solved, it would be superb) for the info. I am still not “getting it”, please don’t think it’s a critique though, I am always on the other end of this conversation :slight_smile: So the POI is a group and that group are all identified as human but not necessarily unique. Is this correct?

Then the group is re-created every X days (say month).

So then if the network is millions, what is the process (prob invalid question if not trying to be unique)

Thanks again for input, not sure if you are involved, but appreciate the info regardless, it’s an important issue and a really interesting one.

4 Likes

Could only post 1 image and two links, so put the post on a gist

you can use a hologram :slight_smile:

The proofofindividuality.online protocol could easily be adapted to let people use holoportation for the hangouts, as an option besides with the current webRTC hangouts. It would be an improvement, and allow for more immersive co-presence.

FAQ: How do pseudonym parties work ?

The proof is based on the fact that people cannot be in two places at once. It was first documented in 2008. The POI protocol does meetups in the digital space using video-hangouts, and could be modified to include holoportation.

"pseudonym parties currently appear to be the only proposed solution that can address both strong accountability and privacy at the same time. "

-Bryan Ford, 2007, Pseudonym Parties: An Offline Foundation for Online Accountability

GitHub: GitHub - proofofindividuality/poi: draft of the full http://proofofindividuality.online system

1 Like

No, it is a ridiculous idea. No-one except a fanboy clique will use the SAFE network if such a requirement is implemented.

1 Like

I would highly doubt anyone would put such a requirement on creating an account with safe. I expect multiple accounts will be a feature of the safe network. I could see some voting apps using something along these lines though. Especially if each video chat was totally secure in vaults and not avail to anyone except those in the chat (and the recognition software in my model’s idea)

2 Likes

New article about the project :slight_smile: