Even known SAFE Network put many efforts of network takeover attack, I think that there is something that could secure the network, but haven’t find something like that in my searches.
Why more an more people think that Bitcoin is secure? Well, I can put up 3 main reasons:
- They read the source and protocol description, did the Math and has been convinced. (Or that they just trust other people opinion and research)
- They saw it work on practice
- It has not been hacked yet! (Assuming that the cryptographic signatures/encryption/hashes is secure)
My problem with SAFE Network is that the third reason couldn’t be verified currently.
In Bitcoin, we can say that:
- The block chain is valid, i.e. no money was forged “illegally”.
- We had not detected a massive block chain reverse. (And we familiar the small one)
What I’m asking is a “proof of hack”, which means that if someone detect something is wrong, he could prove it to the users.
Wrong things for example:
- Steal safecoins from account (very dangerous!)
- Forge illegal safecoins to his acount (e.g. restore account previous amount)
- Tamper with stored data
I don’t say it has to be completely transparent, but if someone was hacked or someone notice illegal activity, he can prove it. (I believe it can be done without block chain)
It may sound bad that users can show how insecure the network is, but I think if no report would be, it will prove the security of the network.
What do you think?