Project SAFE mindmap

Actually it´s free for up to 3 Mind Maps (mindmeister.com - original post was moved due to OT I guess), but I guess you already checked that out…

oh and re: closed source…right…much better to repost JPEGs that only you can alter than actually collaborating with other users

Here’s the link that was removed for anybody interested …

Yep and as I said, it costs money and is closed source.

I just did a simple scan of the mindmap. I think it is a great thing you are trying to achieve here @Blindsite2k.

There are some things I don’t understand.

Why did you choose the impact of SAFE as opposed to it’s current capabilities? If we are trying to present it to regular Joe you are covering possibly nearly everything involved with being a human in today’s society. That is pretty in depth and hard to take in.

It could be kept simpler and be focused more on what the initial direct impact could be. Or even simpler and just show what the SAFE Network does (will do, upon launch).

Because it is via your personal jpeg it is hard to follow what changes you have made each time you post a new jpeg. Also, on full size it is hard to follow lines around and remember where you started.

From a traditional folder perspective, what does projectSAFE/realWorldIssues/both mean?

SAFE only has eight Functions?

You have projectSAFE/possibilitesSolutionsAndApplications with only two subfolders /education & /debtToValueCurrencies.

But then at the same time you have projectSAFE/appsAndProjects/potentialAppsAndAppProjects with around 90 subfolders. (one being “New Government”???)

I don’t really see the difference between the directories.

Under realWordIssues you put “War” & “War on drugs”, the difference? Why isn’t war under digital also?

Anyway, my point is I see your vision, imo you are going too far, keep it simple, focus on what SAFE can do when it launches (esp if this is to be used as a Marketing tool). Also, a collaborative tool would make this much easier to follow and help keep it simpler and focused on today (each today being a new day that is).

Just my MAID.

Is there really any more point to this thread really? It amounts to “Have you thought of using a mindmap to organise thoughts about Safe”. Personally, no, but I can see its usefullness"
An alternative to the home made one with all your personal theories on it has been suggested…where is this going?

Did @Artiscience’s comment just not compute or what? This is madness. I don’t even see how this merits a thread at all tbh, nevermind front page with other posts removed for being off-topic…it’s insane!
It’s like me starting a thread “Project Safe - pen and paper” “Project Safe - use mnemonics”, Project Safe -use a filofax"…lol

1 Like

I think a “SAFE Network Mindmap” would be a good idea to present the capabilities of SAFE Network to the regular Joe, it could be done as a video really. Not much different than the current video being presented by Maidsafe (I believe it will have an update soon). That was my point.

The point of this thread (now) imo would be to try to get community members to get a collaborative project like that going :smile:

1 Like

Yes, fair enough that would be a good idea…not this one though…lol…yes a collaborative one… :smiley:

1 Like

Yep and that’s preciesely why I’m developing the mindmap so that it’s easier to understand the immense ramafications.

Meh maybe I’ll introduce a change log. And I can’t exactly control how the lines are formed as they’re generated automatically.

There are 3 main sibling nodes: “Project SAFE” which deals directly with Project SAFE, functions, apps and so forth. “Possibilities, Solutions and Applications” which deals with the various implications and consequences of the SAFE network. And the “Real World Issues” which deals with actual issues that are happening right now under the current system.

Did I not say this was a work in progress? As I run across or remember more functions they will be added.

That’s because you are impatient. Also try looking at the “Most Wanted App” thread sometime.

That’s what I am doing. I think you miss the point: SAFE will have a HUGE impact which is what I’m illastrating. No I am not going to far nor do I need your approval. You’re welcome to make your own mind map.

I’ve checked mindmeister. It may let you create 3 free maps however it does not allow you to export them for free. Which means anything imported to Mindmeister is stuck there until you pay. Again I repeat it’s a PAID and closed source service. Otherwise I’d have used it right away. I’ve known about mindmeister for years now. The reason I don’t use them is they ask for money. And importing is useless without exporting capabilities. It would be like having github but not being able to fork the code

I think you’re just grumpy that I’m actively contributing to the project and I’m not opting to embrace your methodology.

Lol…OK…no clue what you mean , but nevermind, delirious with delight to hear your opinion that you are contributing and I’m not btw… :smiley:

I think it would only help SAFEcoin if you can put data into them, because then beside their intrinsic value they could have external value as well. Coinprism/Counterwallet/Omni are ways to colour bitcoins, but the assets/token created with them are bound to the bitcoin networks laws (10 minutes/Txfee etc). Because SAFEcoin tx are free, it would be the most suitable coin to put data into.

What I’m really missing is the SAFEcoins being able to exchange data amonst eachother. For instance if I put data of the “ownership to my house” in a SAFEcoin and send it to you. You should automatically get the amount 1000 SAFEcoins to pay for “my house” or decline. If you pay, you get the “ownership to my house”. Decline and I get the coin back. It would make SAFEcoin useful beyond it’s current tasks. If SAFEcoins could exchange/swap data, you wouldn’t even need an exchange or escrow to make a transaction.

I also don’t think it would effect fungibility, because if you can put data in, you can also take it out/adjust it (I hope). For instance if I send you a goldbar data worth $12000 on 1SAFEcoin. And I’m issuing the same goldbar for 0.000001SAFEcoin now, then you should be able to take 0.999999SAFEcoin from your 1SAFEcoin and use it for something else (I hope).

1 Like

But it is not clear for a regular Joe and is based a lot on your perceptions.

I think you miss the point: SAFE will have a HUGE impact because it is based on decentralised collaborations.

OK, so this is your own personal project, your own personal Marketing project for SAFE. No such collaborations with you then I presume.

:blush: really, you know, I hadn’t seen that one…

Regular Joe watches survivor and isn’t worth my time to make the mindmap. If you have a specific question I’ll be happy to answer it but I’m not oversimplifying things just because the majority of people have the intelligence of unbuttered popcorn. And of course it’s based on my perceptions. I’m making the map after all.

Which is why I’m sharing what I’m doing with you. And you are free to take that knowledge and do whatever you like with it. I’m also not at all opposed to collaborating I just don’t want to use closed source proprietary software that will insist that I pay for it in order to import/export in order to do it. Which is why I opted to use FreeMind which is open source and lets you import/export in a number of different federated formats. You’re free to download it and I’ll send you the file if you like.

Let’s see we can’t even agree on what we’re doing here or what tools to use. @Al_Kafir seems to think I’m a “conspiracy theorist” and you seem to think I’m overcomplicating things. Quite frankly neither one of you is being supportive and therefore would I want to directly collaborate with. If I find someone that I work well with then I’d be more than happy to collaborate with them. But I don’t need to collaborate in order to get things done and therefore I don’t need to compromise my vision or values to satisfy the approval of others.

Have any of you at any point politely just ask for the map? Like used manners? Please and thank you? That kind of thing? No. You want to create your own map that’s perfectly cool. We could all have tons of different interpretations. But if you want to work with me maybe use some manners and have a sit down and talk first about what I’m trying to build here first before you start going on about what YOU think it should be.

Lol…sure, you knew it for years… :smiley:

Actually you can export and don´t need to pay for that, the question it why that should matter because you can also share it publicly with other people, which is much more efficient than reposting a JPEG (which itself is closed to anyone else, but to you who is most likely using Freemind). Actually I think I´ll set up a map, so others can collaborate, then we can forget about this senseless discussion.

1 Like

Actually no you can’t.

As I have explained before while YES you can share it publically you cannot EXPORT IT to other formats as evidenced from the screenshot.

Why does this matter? Because I don’t want to have to pay to export this to another system and be stuck using ONLY mindmeister as the format EVERYONE uses. I don’t know about you but I like to have a little forethought when making something and bit of flexibility. I like to be able to export to a number of different formats and retain control over the data I create and not have some corporation dictate what I can do with it.

…you CAN export it, and your image even SHOWS THAT. You can just not export to the formats you want to have it, even though that´s irrelevant since you are sharing a JPEG with us, (edit) which is much worse.

Besides there are dozens of alternatives - you will all hate them, because they are all closed source, which is why I won´t bother you, I´ll set up a MM on my own :wink:

Yes you can export to Mindmeister format from mindmeister which leaves you stuck using mindmeister. Genius! Yes if they’re all closed source and leave me back in a similar situation I’m going to hate them because I want control of my data and something that can actually be shared and used for ACTUAL collaboration. Something that can be exported and shared in multiple formats, imported and exported and shared using say dropbox or something. And what with all the ranting and raving about collaboration NO ONE has once just calmly said please. It’s all mindmeister this and demands that. The ingratitude is palpable.

Whoever wants to collaborate doing a Mindmap on SAFE (target group: people who are new and want quick overview and access to a broad variety of resources), please send me your email so I can add you to the collaborate MM. Currently I hosted it here:

4 Likes

what i consider it would be of a great value is a diagram(mind map) of safecoin, bitcoin and fiat. with all the economics they imply, like debt, banks, value, inflation etc, not just the everused annonymity and instant transactions. i think it would be useful for all the people that would want to adopt cryptocurencies in the form of bitcoin or safecoin.
i congratulate both of you guys @Blindsite2k and @Artiscience for your diagrams and maybe someone will consider my proposal

1 Like

@Artiscience,

Very nice! Add me in: phil AT pricom DOT com DOT au

P.

2 Likes