Project n99 - An Interactive Platform for Creators

Anyway method that rewards the artist musicians etc is only ever a great thing :sunny:

One of the many inspiring elements of SAFE is the opportunity it offers to everyone to contribute / connect / collaborate a live decentralized data base with no middle men. These are the greatest days to be living in step by step a new paradigm arises where the creators are rewarded directly for the content they create

#no more middle men

2 Likes

Ok, so my conclusion from all your posts and replies is that you do not have any plan if you raise less than 100k or say 70k and you do not want to tell anyone what happens to their funds if you raise less. This sounds all a little sketchy to say the least.

8 Likes

To be honest, it’s Tim’s idea to make N99, but people who invest in his idea should also be involved in the planning process. I’m not saying that every SAFE Network project should just be embraced, but these first seeds will show the beauty of this garden.

In invested in N99, because I’ve seen Tim connect to different people on Youtube and that for my is super valuable.

We are all kids on this new playground, some of us might have experience others don’t. But it’s up to us to hold each others hands and do our crazy dance and have fun. If you don’t think something is valuable and don’t want to put your money in it, it’s always ok, because we got that choice/freedom. In my mind an artist platform on the SAFE Network is even more powerful than Youtube and Itunes combined, simply because your operating costs are reduced significantly. Right now we the people who are present on this forum can decide which price tags we give to ideas.

SAFEX raised just 122 btc, but now has a marketcap of 4,489 btc, that while it can compete with Ebay, the NY stock exchange etc.

I’m super happy that Decorum is doing well (and I wonder how Fergish and Seneca did it, because people interested in these projects are still a challenge).

5 Likes

@nik Tim deserves a fair chance like anyone else, he gave the details and I stated I will back it up as well, with my own abilities… but my time has become quite scarce; for instance I know that a forum software @eblanshey was putting together in his spare time and finished a prototype… and for free just for instance but he would be alone on it; who to build other details like user interface and promote that etc. he would need some help. This is where we’re at now with Tim’s n99 program. He has a sound plan. This means we can produce anything really.

@tim will get anything done that’s for sure. Right now he’s bringing out his project to take it to the finish line. If we put him 50,000$ im sure he’ll get it done somehow, 70,000$ his plan for development is obviously fulfilled; 250,000$ as he calculated he needs to hire development and do the roadshow for the application. Realize I assembled SEC and stirred the pot with volition, and allied with help of others as much as one man can to the point it reached what it did (without predicting the scale which can continue to grow)… I am backing @tim on this one, n99 is important.

I think that’s a most sound plan out there. I wouldn’t take his promoting SAFE to the masses lightly already even without a crowdsale, this is going to increase his impact. plain, and simple.

Look what happened to SEC, now SEEDs

No matter what happens, something good is going to happen; n99 unites the world of artists for the SAFE Network;

6 Likes

Great post @dallyshalla Im not slamming this concept but Im (truly) confused and not understanding why this is necessary.

Couple questions:

Is there not a way that @we_advance can achieve this noble goal to provide support to the artist community using maidsafe coin or SEC?

Does this mean that every cause needs/deserves a new coin, new wallet and new developers and new strategies/ sales pitch, etc? And if so, could the unintended consequences be that it would be so confusing and restrictive to people who want to participate/support that stated cause, that they wouldnt?

Its pretty clear that this endeavor is important to Tim, and to you. You both should be admired for wanting to support the arts. If the ultimate goal is that the unknown & starving artist gets recognition & income on the SAFE Network, why not with Maidsafecoin?

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

7 Likes

Yes, good question: Artists publish their work on SAFE Network, fine.

Now how are people going to discover that artwork? That’s where SEEDs come in. They serve the purpose of collectively ranking content that is sown across the network by allocating SEEDs to that content, therefore improving positions on leaderboards which increase discoverability.

Artists earn Safecoins through the SAFE Network’s watermarking system as usual. The token is there to give a meaningful pace to rankings and also to sponsor the development of the application.

6 Likes

Makes alot of sense to me SEEDs :grinning:

4 Likes

n99 will get built one way or the other. the aim of the crowd sale is to raise resources - who better than the community who support SAFE / decentralization?

I have dedicated much time effort spreading the word of SAFE public [LIFE IS PEOPLE] esp to musicians authors artists film makers etc these creative people know more than most what its like to work with limited resources - bands who create ground breaking albums with little no resources then face the current paradigm [and all that entails] the aim of n99 is to reward the artists. The bands artists etc are huge supporters of n99 and are eagerly awaiting / very excited by the opportunities n99 / SAFE will offer.

SAFE is the epoch moment a live decentralized data base n99 is a platform i will use as an artist no more middle men step by step the era of the creative is rising.

6 Likes

Great questions - n99 rewards the artists musicians the SAFE network is huge step forward esp in regards for the creators no more middle men is epic :sunny: where as a user you can reward the musicians artist etc of your choice - where people can collaborate / support / promote / reward the content creators a live decentralized database supporting the creative :sunny:

#life is people

2 Likes

n99becauseit would be an honour to be part of this amazing step into the future! Hell yeah brother bring it on! Sam - Attactiks

2 Likes

I am going to invest in n99 not because I think I will make a ton of money on the back end or this project will provide me with a working product quick, but I am going to invest because I believe in Tim and I appreciate all the hard work he has put into SAFE.

I think any amount of value we can give Tim, to make it a little easier to do what he does, will help us all out in the future. The community has a chance to change the narrative on what we see as valuable and what deserves our investment with coin or time.

IMO n99 will have a much larger crowd sale in the future with more SEEDS, but that isn’t guaranteed. There is that small chance that this initial “pre-sale” may be all that is needed for capital and then the creative take their true place as being more valuable than monetary capital. So if you are the type of person with a lot of money and little working talent, then this may be your only chance to get SEEDs and your stake in the future of creative entertainment.

I want to personally thank @we_advance for his tireless efforts. I have spent many late evenings video chatting with Tim and having the privilege to listen to all the countless hours he has spent flying the flag for our community.

6 Likes

It does not appear to me that n99 is being built in the traditional institutional way but more encouraging a coordinated distributed effort. The fact that it is open source and on Github indicates this to me. Please correct me if I’m wrong Tim.

For any developers willing to help build this wonderful app voluntarily you are welcome to contribute code to this project on Github. GitHub - Netw9k/n99-: a multimedia marketplace on the SAFE Network where you can upload your: music, videos, artwork, stories, along with many other content producers.

I know if I knew code I’d sure be contributing this way as well as my financial support.

Let’s help @we_advance build n99 with our contributions, our code and our ideas on tools like Github.

n99because… it is time to make the machines our tools rather than us tools of the machine.

7 Likes

OK, thanks for that …things are getting a little clearer. Good luck guys I wish you the best.

4 Likes

great video

https://github.com/net99/docs [quote=“Safety1st, post:93, topic:8806”]
I know if I knew code I’d sure be contributing this way as well as my financial support.
[/quote]

every little helps :sunny:

#n99because… nature is decentralized and a great teacher.

4 Likes

Thankyou for the support :sunny: step by step the era of the creative is rising. These are the greastest days to be living in a new paradigm awakens - a SAFE new world.

There are many bands artists [including me] who will use n99 to release exclusive music / art - which will bring many people to SAFE and once they use SAFE who would return to the current centrally controlled server internet?

#n99because…Without inspiration, innovation is dead

2 Likes

Hi, the website does not have a step-by-step breakdown of exactly the base project components and how the finall n99 ecosystem will work. Does anyone have a link that describes exactly what is envisioned?

1 Like

quality article another reason why SAFE/n99 are so desperately required

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/the_root_investigates_who_really_gets_paid_in_the_music_industry.html?GT1=38002
#n99 rewarding the musicians // artists

5 Likes

New SEEDs are created when a track is published and when a track reaches a certain threshold; all SEEDs spent on ranking go to the faucet.

6 Likes

Thanks @dallyshalla. This helps some in understanding the scheme.

4 Likes

Can we experience art by playing with it? And what impact does n99// SAFE technology have on this process?

Games are used to encourage us to happily perform tasks we might otherwise view as boring. They engage our minds and put us in a state of blissful productivity - where we may actually prefer working hard to relaxing. They trick us into learning - even teaching us new ways to learn.
Interactive art is a way to communicate certain ideas – esp – those that talk about the way we function and experience this rock we live on that tumbles through space.

a paradigm where as an artist you could gamify your artwork – how? Earning seeds via listening to x amount of tracks / time played etc or earning seeds by playing a game //completing missions etc is one thing - how to gamify art? is it possible?
Why not use the same principles as used in earning seeds with music and games? remember back in day when it took proper long time to upload an image on the internet – as line by line an image would slowly appear on your screen and we wait and wait in the anticipation that was then - now imagine the same scenario only this time on n99 – that’s gamification of art – or how about a painting revealed following the steps of the artist – new ways to learn
The great divide in process – the gamification of art -

One of the many inspiring elements of SAFE is the ability for everyone to create connect collaborate. In an age of increasing complexity - innovation is only bound by the limits of our creativity.
Many of our largest and longest-lived institutions are bigger, more complex “constructed realities”. By drawing inspiration from games -gamification of art on n99 enables people to consider these giant social structures in a new light - to conceptualize these complex interactions and bring them back to a human level where we are forced to consider an individual’s interaction and input. Perhaps with a little artistry, we can all learn to play that game and make reality more engaging and participatory.
#gamication of art?

7 Likes