Project n99 - An Interactive Platform for Creators

Thanks @dallyshalla

Ok so you guys yourself will not develop the application? How much money do you need in order to be able to hire a developer? Have you already talked to developers?

4 Likes

I appreciate your input @smacz and after reading this app went against your conscience I had to read your put incentive model article to try and understand more of your reasoning. This is what I gathered after that exercise:

1. This is a complicated problem with unsolved questions and alternative solutions.
  • The put incentive model is one solution while n99’s model is another.

• As better solutions are developed n99 will adjust accordingly. This was confirmed by @dallyshalla statement even as I was righting this post [quote=“dallyshalla, post:19, topic:8806”] If things change we can adjust accordingly. [/quote]

1. Greed can play a factor in malicious apps being developed

This second point from your article is very true, however, @we_advance and @dallyshalla have developed a strong enough reputation here to relinquish those fears for me anyway.

I support n99 just as I support David and his team not introducing spying software in the protocol even under duress of the state. I support the SAFE Network who pays a bounty to bug fixers who might instead introduce malicious code that goes undetected by David’s team for a period of time. I support Project Decorum even though some have argued having @Seneca as the only decision maker is centralized and subject to corruption.

Seneca has built enough of a reputation here to support him and I extend the same courtesy to @we_advance and @dallyshalla who are trying to build an app that is far more generous than anything we have today. To boot it is being built on our beloved SAFE Network. Any app that bring awareness and traffic to SAFE is good in my book, especially an app that brings more bright traffic like the arts vs darknet traffic like we are use to in the cryto wild wild west. Therefore my conscience is clear.

n99because… life is people people.

7 Likes

So wait, the list is the POC? @we_advance

Congrats Tim: You have been a stalworth supporter of not only the forthcoming SAFE Network but a paradigm shift in how we as a society should provide rewards and incentives for creative content. The world of today puts the originator of that original content in last place. N99 reverses the order putting the creator of content in 1st place and shines a bright light on the path of the possible futures for artist instead of the current unlevel playing field. N99 will level the playing field in a big way and surely provide countless creative people an access for their creativity unmatched by current practices. All the best.

5 Likes

I need to read into the project a bit more before I can invest but I really want to support this. Tim are you a dev or have any dev experience or will you be relying on a hired dev? These kind of details really let people feel more secure in their investment

2 Likes

we have developers lined up who will be engaged on a professional basis. All development will have strict acceptance criteria and under go full Unit system and integration testing prior to implementation

4 Likes

So these devs have already seen and would know how exactly to implement the n99 system? Sorry just trying to ask some critical questions without coming off as rude

3 Likes

Developers have seen the build requirements and would know how to build the required sections. Integration with the SAFE Network will be developed by developers we understand to have the required skills, knowledge and experience.

2 Likes

we have developers lined up

n99 crowd sale is in order to hire developers

#step by step the era of the creative is rising

2 Likes

As a member of ANTS and Tim’s friend I have no reservations in backing all I can. The amount of effort and time and value the n99 movement has already done for our community deserves support.

As an investor, I’m completely lost in what the plan is to make this amazing idea a reality. It is fine if these devs want to stay anonymous, I trust Tim, but it would make a lot more sense to have these devs layout their experience and plan for n99. Also having some quantifiable data like cost estimates, budget, time, tech hurdles that require funding right now that requires a coiwdsale with no monitary goal? Who is in control of funds and will make the decisions on how the money will be spent?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to wrap my head around this.

6 Likes

n99 will be hiring professional developers [quote=“nik, post:22, topic:8806”]
How much money do you need in order to be able to hire a developer?
[/quote]

in order to develop everything on the n99 roadmap we estimate a figure of $250k Use of proceeds allocated from this software sale go toward the developers who will write the code for the application. Once the code is completed the n99 team will commence a worldwide outreach program that entails distributing SEEDs to artists. This includes educating and informing the world of this evolutionary way to contribute content, earn rewards for your creativity, and engage a wide audience on a platform that will never take anything from the artists or put their content at risk because all content is stored on the autonomous SAFE Network where artists are in control of their own destiny. We simply make it easier for everyone to get along.

we have developers lined up who will be engaged on a professional basis. All development will have strict acceptance criteria and under go full Unit system and integration testing prior to implementation

2 Likes

@MrAnderson thanks for the endorsement

in order to develop everything on the n99 roadmap we estimate a figure of $250k Use of proceeds allocated from this software sale go toward the developers who will write the code for the application. Once the code is completed the n99 team will commence a worldwide outreach program that entails distributing SEEDs to artists. This includes educating and informing the world of this evolutionary way to contribute content, earn rewards for your creativity, and engage a wide audience on a platform that will never take anything from the artists or put their content at risk because all content is stored on the autonomous SAFE Network where artists are in control of their own destiny. We simply make it easier for everyone to get along.

plan for n99 is mine which i have shared. As you can appreciate developers CVs are confidential n99 will releasing development updates and introducing the team in due course.

As team leader for n99 I will have final approval the decisions on how the money will be spent.

3 Likes

While I don’t question for a moment anyone’s right to bring in any inquiry when it comes to investing one’s money; I would like to offer one thought as to what I believe is the central issue in any investment. That issue is the soundness of the idea and the vision of the person or people behind the idea. While important, and there are examples of technical folks leading the way on new ideas, i.e. @dallyshalla and @Seneca, two prime examples from our own group, the vast majority of great strides forward in any given area arise from the so called dreamers. People who have sean the present and can see a new and improved future. Tim, is such a person and with a co-devoloper like @dallyshalla, the technical aspects will resolve themselves. What is needed for change, for hundreds of thousands of artists, if not millions, is to break the stranglehold the current system has on new talent. That takes money, and a fair amount of it. Tim is the perfect candidate to do just that. He certainly has both my vote and some of my money.

4 Likes

250k is a hefty budget, but this is a hefty project. Have you looked for investors outside of the crowd sale? And if the goal isn’t met then what would be implemented if not fully funded?

4 Likes

Tim, what happens if:

• you don’t reach $250k?
  • you run out of funds before you have a working system?

Thanks.

4 Likes

If sufficient funds are not achieved in the crowd sale our strategy will be adjusted accordingly, n99 aim is to bring an application to market which achieves rapid adoption adding strength to the SAFE Network A slower start will bring slower growth.

We wanted to give supporters of SAFE Network the opportunity to fund the development of an application that resonates with the ideals of security, privacy and freedom to which n99 and the SAFE Network hold.

2 Likes

If sufficient funds are not achieved in the crowd sale our strategy will be adjusted accordingly, n99 aim is to bring an application to market which achieves rapid adoption adding strength to the SAFE Network .

4 Likes

Can you elaborate on how you’d apply $50k and $150k or some other figures of your choice to give some idea of the flexibility you have in mind? Or explain in some other way how you envisage that flexibility unfolding. I realise you may not have plans in those events, so by all means just say so. Thanks.

4 Likes

@dcmshub thanks for the endorsement

the creatives out there are eagerly awaiting n99 launch :slight_smile:

@dallyshalla contribution is on probono basis which is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

#step by step the era of the creative is rising

2 Likes

@happybeing figures were a projection
$250k plus is in order to have the biggest impact. Once the code is completed the n99 team will commence a worldwide outreach program that entails distributing SEEDs to artists. This includes educating and informing the world of this evolutionary way to contribute content, earn rewards for your creativity, and engage a wide audience,

I know how much the developers time cost and have developers lined up who will be engaged on a professional basis lined up. Use of proceeds allocated from the crowd sale go toward the developers who will write the code for the application.

n99 is the right idea at the right time

4 Likes