Project n99 - An Interactive Platform for Creators

No, but that was talked about much earlier in the thread. Making a safe net app was to be done after we worked out the kinks on a regular website. For a proof of concept. You all must understand that I am not in charge of anything but administering and configuring the website as well as writing minor code in php, css, html and mysql js/jquery. The program code is all purchased open-source software. The software N99 uses is premium software with support. You might be disappointed to know that but it was the best I could do given Tim’s limited resources and the fact I am not an app developer but a website developer.

4 Likes

It’s a wordpress site:

https://network99.io/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fnetwork99.io%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

So much time money and goodwill, blown on an ugly wordpress site.

This is the website https://www.n99online.net/ and I agree the branding for both are imho ugly, not my choice.

Also, it seems Like there are a lot of repeat questions and answers. Such as, it told me this link was posted before.

It must be a very elaborate communication, because it is taking quite some time.

We do not know if this project can be redirected and who will do it.

Maybe this would be useful GitHub - happybeing/safepress: SAFE Network website creator - CMS / blog. A SAFE Web App that creates websites/web apps on SAFE

Safe CMS is the best bet at the moment, first version due by of Feb.

I might be able to make a simple SAFEpress as a spin off from my work on Project Solid, but it won’t be anything like as clever as @Shane’s Safe CMS.

11 Likes

also you can play tracks at the same time!!!

It’s been 3 weeks now since these accusations were levied and we still have no response from anyone involved with N99. To me, this is the death of this project - if they really wanted to stay in the good graces of their supporters and investors they wouldn’t have waited this long without communication.

It’s a crying shame that this seems to be the end result of all the money invested, a real travesty and damage towards the good will of the community in supporting similar projects in future.

4 Likes

There is a response coming, but it is taking a long time.

I’ve been in touch with Dawn, and I’m pretty sure the aim is to continue with the project.

I hope N99 can become more transparent going forward, to let people know more openly of delays / difficulties etc to manage expectations and leverage community engagement to a greater degree.

1 Like

the longer they leave it the worse the situation gets & the more it looks like they dont give a fu*k about the project or the investors whos money theyv been spennding for the past years.

Agreed - I hope they respond quickly, and keep in touch more regularly going forward.

3 Likes

Keep this running ? There’s no vision, no responsibility, no technical competence, no communication. There’s a guy saying “the ants are coming” and a wordpress site.

I assume you did read the response that your WordPress site was the wrong address …?

I do think there is an awesome idea / vision I was looking forward to a lot - maybe a new circle could make an awesome project out of this dream :roll_eyes:

www.n99online.net is also a wordpress site.

Still no communication from N99 ?

2 Likes

not everyone uses the forums

I remember Tim always wanted ppl to reach out to him on his n99 website last time he talked to me

Has anyone tried anything like that

1 Like

Tim was active daily until the event then suddenly has been offline every day since (you can see his latest activity on his profile), he and Dawn have been made aware of the issue and this is the main thread he created himself for tracking this project. There is simply no way that this absence isn’t purposeful and in bad faith.

Hmhmm - with accusing him of acting in bad faith you raise the barrier for him to post his explanation because clearly he seems to be afraid of the reaction to me…

That being said… I 100% agree that he is the one who seems to have run away with other people’s money and therefor its his job to come here and tell the people that trusted him what happened… There’s understandable reasons for a lot of stuff but just ignoring people supports the impression that he is a bad person who tricked others in giving him their money

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think he’s a bad person, or even that he’s run away with the cash, I just think that taking a month to (not yet) give a response is acting in bad faith. The thing with this kind of problem is that the longer you leave it, the worse the reaction is going to be - if Tim is reading this, the best thing to aim for here is transparency: what happened, why did it happen, what are our options and how can we help?

13 Likes

@we_advance ???

Do you think this is going away by ignoring it ?