Project Decorum - ERC20 Launch

Omni Core lets you import private keys

Can you use OmniCore to access MAID stored in Omniwallet if you have the private key? Since Omniwallet has been acting up, I want to see if I can move to Trezor.

That should work.

1 Like

When you first set up your Trezor, send a small bit of BTC or something there. Then reset it and make sure your seed works to recover your BTC. Then move important coins over in significant quantities. This way ensure your seed is valid for recovery.

2 Likes

Why send bitcoin? You just write down your address, reset your wallet and restore it - if the address is the same then everything is ok…

5 Likes

Thanks for simplifying it. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks, @drehb, @Knosis & @Dimitar!! Will try this out in the morning. How much BTC would I need to have in Omniwallet to ensure the transaction goes through?

3 Likes

8000 satoshi I think - I have no idea why this is a magic number but I remember that I was unable to see my first small amount of MAID until I added a little BTC. Then when I assured myself it was working OK, I started moving my MAID out of Bittrex.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

8000 satoshi is the minimum, it’s good to have at least double to not get the transaction stuck if the network is full… :sotros25:

For example, for this transaction today someone has paid 28538 satoshi:

1 Like

@Seneca there’s one waiting in the queue for you :slight_smile: Please approve when you find a suitable moment.

1 Like

Does Project Decorum still exist?

Sure does. Seneca was on here earlier today. From what I read it looks like the path is clear now for progress to proceed.

2 Likes

On Safe or on Eth?

On Eth, but it appears that it won’t be that way for too much longer.

1 Like

Eth is garbage. Its broken exactly like BTC and can’t scale (high fees). Why would they want to move to Eth?

Pardon my lack of clarity. I meant only to say that there is an ERC20 token, however, it appears that after the progress that has been made with the network that the Decorum team can now reliably proceed without any curveballs. The move to Eth was an interim effort to open access to exchanges for PDC.

1 Like

I’d love to be wrong here, but I don’t think we have stable api as yet.

2 Likes

It sounds to me like David is indicating the path is clear now. I’m sure this will be clarified in the coming days and hope I’m hearing him right because David appears pretty jacked up about it.

Its a great step in the right direction, don’t get me wrong.
Maybe seneca will start now, or maybe he’ll wait till a few more things are stable first.
I dont know and wouldn’t start assuming.

1 Like