Project Decorum: DECentralised fORUM (and protocol)

Another fake Decorum account on twitter. If you are on twitter, please report it for abuse and impersonation:

https://twitter.com/Decorum_Project

7 Likes

There seem to be three accounts if you search for ‘project decorum’

https://twitter.com/Decorum_Project
Tweets, current page. 2,225
Following 252
Followers 7,607
Likes 749

https://twitter.com/Project_Decorum
Tweets current page. 19
Following 48
Followers 375
Likes 4

https://twitter.com/ProjectDecorum (Trend Trader)
Tweets, current page. 59
Following 15
Followers 591
Likes 26

The last one is bona fida I think, but Decorum_Project has a lot more activity. Are you sure it’s a fake?

EDIT: I see @seneca liked your post, so I guess it is.

That’s me. The last one was actually misleading people in the past but changed his game somewhat to avoid a ban.

4 Likes

So no cooperation with Vitalik Buterin/Ethereum like mentioned at the fake Decorum_Project twitter account?

No, absolutely not. Everything on that twitter is false.

3 Likes

The options for reporting a bogus site on Twitter are so limited they’re virtually useless (which is probably the point).
I’m not interested in this account
They are posting spam
Their account may be hacked
They’re being abusive or harmful

1 Like

I pick this one after which I can select that they’re impersonating me or a brand of mine. But yeah, it’s relatively hard to get them banned on twitter.

1 Like

Ah yes - done now …

I’m not that familiar with the configuration options of twitter, but that fake twitter account also seems to be older (joined 2013).
Can the date be faked, was this twitter account renamed recently or is it really that old with that fake name?
EDIT: Has nothing posted before 11 december.

1 Like

@Seneca do you have direct communication with Bittrex?This wallet maintenance malarkey is out of hand.
Could this be to stem the extortionate tx fees? If so I dont see a rapid solution.
Perhaps you as the dev will get a response.

2 Likes

Last time I contacted them they didn’t reply, most likely because they are completely swamped like every other exchange out there. But the maintenance concerns the Omni protocol in general, not PDC in particular (MAID is also in maintenance on Bittrex). It’s probably related to the Omni “hard fork” that was initiated to combat the Tether hack.

2 Likes

Its to do with the omni upgrade so the nodes have to be completely rebuilt. Last time I did it from scratch it took 7 or so days and it was not my internet connection that slowed it down and I did it on a 8/16 core computer. SO it really did require 7 or so days. Even worse if you have to restart.

7 Likes

Are you sure about this? Tether has and continues to remain active at bittrex and to the best of my knowledge other exchanges are not halting withdrawls/deposits.
I have made contact with Adam at Omni and he is unaware of any reason for an issue.
I still suspect this has to do with fees but thats just my gut nothing else.

Thats odd since omniwallet.org was down for days while they did their upgrade to fix the tether problem

And exchanges can continue trading any omni token since the trading platform doesn’t move the tokens to do buy and sells. And they could do manual withdrawals OR have dual nodes and rebuild one while the other continues, then rebuild the second while the first handles the load.

Hey Josh,
We do have an troubleshooting discussion with Bittrex for when they encounter issues however we do not see any new messages from them and the Omni based tokens we checked (Omni, maid, tether, etc…)

Maid happend to be active when he replied it did however revert to inactive shortly after. He then said he would drop them a line to find out if they have an issue but thats where it ended.
Guess it is what it is. :roll_eyes:

This strange news exists on Google Images

I know it can’t be right, but why would someone have posted it?

5 Likes

Probably to hype NEO, though Project Decorum seems too small right now to bother imo. Maybe it’s a bot that does this for many projects?

9 Likes

@Seneca I’ve not read the paper but it sounds like it might be relevant.

7 Likes

258 posts were split to a new topic: Project Decorum: Buyback Request

A post was split to a new topic: Division of labor