Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

Both @Seneca and @bochaco are working on coin implementations for different reasons. @bochaco is working for MaidSafe and wants to give the community the first wallet App. @Seneca is working on a whole protocol for social interaction including votes/likes and more.

We’ll see quite some amazing things when the transfer of ownership becomes possible with the Mutabel Data. As far as I understand it’s a different design than Appendable/StructuredData. Both the SAFE Browser and Authenticator are coming to age in the repo’s. We actually did a little celebration yesterday because loads of stuff got merged. We’ll see the rise of a lot of apps including Decorum when the APIs are “done” and Mutable Data is in place. At the same time we have to understand that MaidSafe is making strong improvements with routing and crust. Wallets and a social protocol like decorum are very cool but you really want your account to be around if you log on several days later. So we need a strong basis (stable network) for that.

18 Likes

lol, opposite of me :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m still as crazy as ever

10 Likes

Mutable data is in Alpha 3? Are we in Alpha 1?

1 Like

We’re in test 15, which we hope will morph into Alpha 2 if it’s stable.

Next stop, Alpha 3

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

• So the transaction cost is equal to the price of 1 PUT of Mutable Data?
  • So after a transaction is 100% done the MD is now owned by a “dummy address” in the network, say something like: “yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyDUMMYyyyyyyyyyy” and no one could ever become the owner as the chance is as good as 0 that someone ever finds the private key that would lead to this public one?
  • And what the App (people’s wallet) does is starting from a message (received from the sender of the coin) that leads to the hash which is owned by the dummy? And from that point on the wallet can read previous hash, get that address and then the previous hash from there etc. ??

Well, this is actually quite cool. Isn’t there an option where Immutable Data is used?? That’s cheaper in price :grinning:.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, yes and no! :smiley: This scheme relies on a predictable network addresses for the transactions based solely on the signed previous transaction data, and ImmutableData can’t provide that.

10 Likes

Hey @Seneca I thought this was an interesting article worth sharing How Do We Defeat Online Trolls? - The Atlantic
And now I’m curious, will WoT help filter out trolls? What kind of defenses will Decorum have against trolls, fake news, etc? If you don’t mind sharing of course :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man you can just now sell Decorums I just did it go check a market. If you on safex they rocking strong still even voting go away from maidsafe by the group! Bitcoin will be going up strong and I sell all of my maidsafe also project just takes long time, I lose trust and follow too long time. Good luck!

If have more safex I can buy from you please contact me.

:joy:

Now that really is funny.

safex, lol.

Ok buddy, well you’ll get what you deserve so I’m not going to talk you out of anything.

You brightened my day with a good laugh though, so ty.

:laughing:

safex… good one. /chuckle

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Decorum off topic talk

On topic please, this is a topic about Decorum. Thank you.

7 Likes

@Seneca will Decorum have any kind of API? There is interest in integrating your Web Of Trust model across multiple Safe Apps so there is a standard that spans over multiple apps.

So say I trust Bob to have curated a good list of contacts that don’t post nefarious content, if your protocol had an API that other apps could use then I could easily have Bob or his trusty contact list available to me as a Decorum user across multiple applications.

10 Likes

Yes there will be, that has been the idea from the start. Project Decorum == protocol + my end-user apps. The protocol will be it’s own “SAFE app” that all other apps will have to ask for permission to get access to general Project Decorum user data.

15 Likes

Will Clikes be usable through all applications of the webs-of-trust protocol or just within the ‘decorum’ social network itself?

1 Like

Will the PDC token come into play for those making requests of the protocol but not of your end user app?

While I have you @Seneca you made this post a couple years back Web of Trust on SAFE and this is something I know of that others would like to collaborate on if you would be interested. If the Decorum Protocol is open source/open standards this is a slight alternative that is also of interest. What are your current thoughts on this?

4 Likes

I just realized I never did figure out where my $92 of investment into PDC wound up… @Seneca can you help me out brother it’s been a while.

1 Like

From what address did you sent it?? If it’s from an OMNI wallet you should be the owner of some PDC in your wallet right now, not that different from owning MAID.

1 Like

Why is it that there is always a difference in the $ value of PDC when compared between coinmarketcap and omniwallet. I have not noticed it to be the case with MAID.
The variance is pretty large.
Sucks when you look at omni and think Christmas came early, then the grinch (coinmarketcap) takes it away :smirk:

1 Like

Probably due to low liquidity/volume.

2 Likes