Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

Seneca, you are going to do great.

3 Likes

And we have reached that price already… First 3 orders for total ~2 PDC after market was live today, looking good on the 24H HIGH. Means nothing though, except for the statistics saying we dropped 99% since then… :slight_smile:

Trade volume is rising rapidly, good to see that.

2 Likes

Many people even buying without any knowledge cause its “New”

I doubt atm its worth more then crowdsale as long as nothing is released yet.

2 Likes

Agree, but in the period up to some release of any kind, many trades happen based on projected hope and emotional appreciation. Price can wildly fluctuate.

Yea i bought some at ico Price, incase but first its waiting time for MAid itself.

I think Putting it this fast on exchange was not that great actually you will miss the Launch hype you could have got later on.

1 Like

I tend to agree, and somewhere up this thread I also mentioned I don’t mind waiting 1 or 2 years if necesarry. Like with my Maid stash, I want to start using the coins on the Safe Network when it goes live, so I don’t really care for an exchange.

There was a lot of pressure from the short term traders though, so PDC is now on the first exchange. Ah well… You can’t make everybody happy at the same time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maidcoin and PDC you should just keep for a long time, i dont know the true inflation ways but i believe that Maidcoin can easly go past the 2 billion market cap.

Take for example the market cap for dropbox etc.

Thats the time were too look at selling PDC not even before, the prices are insane low for maid atm.

Thats why im buying Maid everyday buying PDC is more tro support

3 Likes

why did you bought into the ICO if you are selling at the same price? wow, people are silly. i see a lot of tears coming later from everyone who sold too early

3 Likes

My guess is a mixture of Bitcoins recent violent rise , making the bitcoin value roughly the same but higher dollar value , mixed with people wanting to move funds into other projects, mainly the speculators and traders doing such a thing

Project Decorum price today, PDC to USD live, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap

2 Likes

@scenea please don’t give up on poloniex, thanks for the bittrex add

2 Likes

What is to prevent a dev from forking Project Decorum and making it available for anyone to use without the Clike functionality?

Nothing. Clike is not a mandatory feature, the idea is that it provides a desired utility. If it turns out that it doesn’t, it won’t be used and will fade away.

2 Likes

Along with our investments.

The only users desiring Clicke functionality will be those willing to pay a fee in order to broadcast their message. Everyone else will rather do without it and they will be in the vast majority. If one implementation of your protocol includes Clicke and one does not, the vast majority will use the one that does not.

People that participated in the crowdfund have Clikes after the switch. So why would they use a version without them? Firefox has commercial deals with companies to bundle a search engine or something. People could fork Firefox and some people do, but most trust the devs and use stock Firefox. Same for Decorum IMO. Even if it’s only to promote some charity project with your coins. The moment you have them you want to use them.

1 Like

It is unlikely it will fail . it offers incentive , removing clicke function removes incentive , just like if you were to build a blockchain with no tokens, it wouldn’t work, first it doesn’t perform as a ledger if you have nothing to add to the ledger secondly , no financial incentive to secure the chain . economics and incentives are what drive the success of projects , get people invested and interested .

Bitcoin has been cloned many hundreds of times (over 600 different clones) never once has someone take it over, they have changed multitudes of aspects of the core of bitcoin, yet bitcoin remains the leader .

same as any other coin except perhaps monero and bytecoin , clone coins do not surpass the projects they mimicked, it happens but is mathematically unlikely. this is replication while still sticking to the incentive model , while you are talking about removing the incentive model completely which would give it an even lesser chance of making it

1 Like

There’s no need to use a separate implementation if you don’t like Clike’s effects. You can simply ignore it with the click of a button. There’s no force feeding here.

Clike will only work to promote content that is somewhat desirable, because Clike’s effect can be eliminated by an opposive effect from web-of-trust flagging. Keeping Clike turned on will probably improve the quality of your content curation and feeds.

The lines between content producers and consumers are blurring more and more, nowadays almost everyone on the internet both produces and consumes to some extent. We also tend to want promote the things that we like, and we’re willing to invest a bit to promote those ideas/products that we are really passionate about. I think only those who are generally apathetic about everything will not ever want to use Clikes.

6 Likes

It is too early to trade PDC on exchange! now, the price of PDC is lower than its IPO!
DAMNIT~

Again, I want to state that the Bittrex is ALWAYS the one ruins coins~

I am out of this nightmare and sold my PDC for a little profit today. For a successfull coin you need a good dev team. and I cant see this here .see ya