Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

Replyed to 2 of them and see what they asking for the coins

How do I receive the PDC? I used Omni wallet:
http://omnichest.info/lookuptx.aspx?txid=8a09ea19c7a53477df8b97e6e044c8ffdd605065e0c9d3502d7d166e1b8eac44

Here is an excerpt from crowdsale webpage

Crowdsale details

The crowdsale
will last until Bitcoin blockchain block number 409884, for a total
duration of approximately four weeks. In the first week, contributions
will receive a 15% bonus on the amount of PDC gained. In the second week
the bonus is 10%, in the third week 5%, and in the last week there is
no bonus. In terms of blocks, the bonus will start at 15% and decrease
by 5% after the block numbers 406860, 407868 and 408876. Any
contributions after block 409884 will be refunded to the originating
address.

From details of your funding the crowdsale you can find out that your tx was included in
Block Number 409897 so basically you were late by 13 blocks.
Your funds should’ve been returned to sending address by now.

Thanks, I understand now. But no refund yet. Who to contact? What to do?

Couple questions.

Has there been any changes/new ideas in regards to the mining plans? My view is still that there has to be a better way, not that I have really read up on this and understood why it’s needed in the first place. But just from a noob looking in the fact that a forum with tokens need miners to function sounds weird and not exactly very brilliant tbh. There has to be a more efficient way and maybe even solving this “problem” more beautifully, to use that word, would make people love it (wathever it turns out to be) even more :slight_smile:

Next question:

This has probably been answered a million times, but for some reason I didn’t find it by using the search function. Will the reward paid by the developer fund be distributed to token holders? If no, please reconsider. Maybe at least not make certain decision now, bc, by distributed at least partially a lot of those who supports this project would be very thankful that their belief in you was repaid with a nice gesture.

And it just makes sense, bc that is how it should be. There shouldn’t be a “Zuckerburg” on top earning massive profits on behalf of everyone else. (I suspect this will be the most used “dapp” by far early on). People are way more likely to support and use a service which they feel is completely fair. You would be VERY surprised by the difference in “mostly fair” and “Totally fair”, everyone underestimates how much it hurts a community/network project like this if people feel it’s not really decentralized fully and that one or few people are profiting on their participation.

And at the end of the day there needs to be a very clear distinction between how Facebook functions and how Decorium functions. The old way of 1 person literately owning and profiting on other peoples lives is just wrong. Also should Decoreum become a success, I’m sure you and your future dev team will be sitting pretty nice regardless :wink:

let’s do everything optimally and just set the pole where it should be. There will only be one “the first and community supported decentralized forum” on Safenet :slight_smile:

PM @Seneca here. There were some issues with the refunds if I’m right, but he promised to refund everybody even if it had to come from his own pocket. I think he said that somewhere.

Just send him a PM. :slight_smile:

Thank you, appreciated. I’ve PMed @Seneca about the refunds.

^^ This is what I meant.

Thanks again. This thread is huge. Well done finding it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of my Maid was due to be refunded. Happy to accept PDC :slight_smile: If that’s easier.
http://omnichest.info/lookuptx.aspx?txid=8a09ea19c7a53477df8b97e6e044c8ffdd605065e0c9d3502d7d166e1b8eac44

My transaction was after 409884 (409897)…Dooh! :neutral_face:

lol nice try! I’m afraid all 50M PDC went to the funders, 300 to 400 of them if I remember well. Sorry you missed that, bummer! You send a pretty nice amount of Maid! However, there’s another topic on this forum where people started trading PDC already, maybe you could try your luck there instead?

2 Likes

It doesn’t. The only use of miners is to acquire CLike token which is used to increase the reach of a message by bypassing the web of trust. The protocol works fine without it.

Remember that other apps that implement the decorum protocol wont generate any revenu for @Seneca and his team. Also remember that their implementation of the protocol would only act as a window to view the data stored by all users. If someone else makes a better looking application to serve the same community they won’t get any money from it.

That’s the big difference with Facebook for example. @Seneca doesn’t own any data, the best he can do to keep making a revenue is to provide an application that is liked by the community.

In other words, we can have one big community with plenty of apps serving the same content. That’s the big difference between Safe apps and traditional apps, we own the data.

Hope this help.

Thanks MLK, :wink: what was the final exchange rate Maid to PDC?

There are going to be miners? How will that work?

In other words, we can have one big community with plenty of apps serving the same content. That’s the big difference between Safe apps and traditional apps, we own the data.

I certainly hope that is the case. I would hate to see apps becoming walled gardens by using incompatible formatting, etc. but I feel that this type of system you describe is bound to come about.

1 Like

I think people paid roughly something between $0.009 and $0.01 per PDC depending the bitcoin or maid price and the PDC bonus% at the moment of deposit. There was not really a ‘final exchange rate’.

2 Likes

Hi @Seneca When do you expect the Maid refunds to be complete? Thanks

some news? nope hm another month of nothing ok…

can you update us @Seneca , if polo has responded?

he cann’t because polo don’t respond on such emails… we need to discuss with bittrex and c-cex about add us and then, may be in near future, when polo will see some development (which i amn’t seeing now), it will add us

2 Likes