Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

Yeah all that’s left here is CryptoSky complaining.

lol okay do you see any development progress in the past month? or any progress? i don’t see. If senece is building team where some announcement about them?some names? who are this developers ? i don’t see it too. Any exchange ? i don’t see it too. communication with community also is bad . I worry about my investment if you aren’t just sit down and wait 10 years before release of PDC.

I don’t (worry about my investment). I would’ve in the past when I wanted to day-trade (now I don’t for alts).
Different priorities. I wouldn’t be able to imagine patience in my past. So I would’ve been complaining too.

2 Likes

Guys, the long and short of it is that we need an exchange and all these posts about “development is more important than exchange” is just ridiculous. Both are equally important.and labeling simply asking for an exchange as “greed” is unnecessary. Some of us can’t afford for our btc to be locked up too long.

If you follow cryptosky’s post history in this thread, he started off asking polite questions but was understandably irked by all the “you are evil for asking for an exchange” nonsense and I, for whatever it’s worth, am with him.

1 Like

@CryptoSky get out! only you the mean man again and again call for trading on bittrex ASSP.
Bittrex is the exchange ruining coins
There are no successful coins firstly listed on Bittrex until now~

I don’t disagree with the equality thing, especially since devs are dealing with such people in the first place just to get them to lay off (not that they’re necessarily bad; I guess). I just don’t like persisting with the same topics after getting a response from Seneca in the first place, just seems overly contentious. That said, Jabba’s point was very interesting to listen to as a sort of extreme side of patience (and you know what they say about patience, so maybe the argument calling for the most patience has some merit).

Banning members is not something that we do lightly - nor do we do it upon request. If you take issue with a post, please flag it and let the moderators know why it has been flagged.

4 Likes

I am an investor in Project Decorum too. Of course I wouldn’t mind if I could make a large profit out of it. However, I find it a bit shameful if that would’ve been the only reason to invest. I like the idea of the Project and I would like it to succeed. Let us all have some patience and not forget the beautiful work and effort that has been put into this and I am sure will be done a lot more! I’d rather give them the time to develop the project further instead of waisting time on responding to all the grievances.

2 Likes

I understand both sides of this discussion. The most important part is Decorum raised 400K USD, this has been done by “Long term” holders but also “Short term” holders. So either you’re a long or short term holder I think we should keep both sides happy. Long term holders care about development and short term holders care about exchange listing (Don’t forget that exchange listing also attract a lot of new members to the project).

6 Likes

everybody who is familliar with altcoins know that it is useless to contact polo for listing.
they will just add very popular final products or coins which are heavily traded on other exchanges.
just get this in your brains and move on applying for bittrex, yobit & co

1 Like

Not always true. Check out Qora, for example. Unfinished product, hardly any volume, if any at all, on one or two other exchanges. If I remember well, it was requested by enough community members and traders to make Poloniex wake up and add the coin. Remember, Poloniex is fee driven. So, it never hurts to try and file a request there.

1 Like

So much true I barely see a thing on my monitor and my keyborad is sticky with vomit reading through this thread…

2 Likes

and this was few years ago. due to the increasing number of altcoins they are more strict now.
sure we can try it ( I already filled out the request form at polo weeks ago…), but should consider listing on other exchanges, cause it is very unlikely

1 Like

I agree, Seneca promised to poke some exchanges in a try to get this coin tradable. And he is doing exactly that. Like I said before, some people just need to take a breath and wait until things roll out. Your topic is a great place for others to trade over the counter until it’s tradable somewhere else :thumbsup:.

4 Likes

Hey @Seneca, I know you are very busy and all, but I still didn’t get any response from you for 12 days.
I don’t mind waiting for my PDC, just at least let me know if I will ever get them or are my 2 BTC lost?

I don’t see anything wrong with the solution that @dirvine suggested and it wouldn’t take you a lot of time.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been mentioned before or if there has been any discussion on it (I don’t really recall any). But Decorum has the potential to be the first truly international social media platform if the Chinese Firewall can’t stop anyone from accessing the Safe Network (and thusly Decorum).

Is there any plan to integrate a language translator or any other ways to mitigate communicative barriers? I think that would be awesome and could very much be part of the appeal of this project if there is a user friendlyish way of handing those types of communication. I don’t think any other project would be able to boast such a thing…

5 Likes

I feel very sorry to say that I’m thinking the Chinese Gov can block Safe Net easily because they put a lot of money and hired a lot of technicians to build GFW.

It’s not a bad solution per se, but technically it does mean breach of the agreement, which I’m not eager to do. I’m determined to help you out though.

I figured out that while the online Omniwallet service does not support multisignature addresses, the Omni protocol itself does, and so does the Omni Core software. Using a few command line inputs we should be able to sign a proper multisig transaction to move your PDC out of your multisig address. I propose we first try this with for example 1 MAID to see if it actually works before we continue for real. Is that okay with you?

In Omni Core, if you click on Help → Debug → Console and then type ‘help’ in the console, you get a listing of available commands with parameters. These allow us to handle this. The commands we need to use are:

addmultisigaddress nrequired ["key",...] ( "account" )
validateaddress "bitcoinaddress"
createrawtransaction [{"txid":"id","vout":n},...] {"address":amount,...}
decoderawtransaction "hexstring"
signrawtransaction "hexstring" ( [{"txid":"id","vout":n,"scriptPubKey":"hex","redeemScript":"hex"},...] ["privatekey1",...] sighashtype )
sendrawtransaction "hexstring"
  1. The first commands should have your three public keys as paramaters. nrequired is 2. “Account” can be left empty.
  2. The second command takes the output of the first command as input.
  3. The third command first has some info of a (transaction) output with some BTC to pay for the transaction, followed by the address to which we want to send a particular amount of PDC.
  4. The fourth command takes the output of the second command as input. It returns the info of the transaction, some of which we need to use for input in the fifth command (scriptPubkey for example).
  5. The first two parameters of the fifth command are the same as used previously in the third command. The redeemScript is the “hex” field of the output of the second command. After that follow your two private keys. sighashtype can be left empty.
  6. The final command takes as input the output of the previous one.

If this is a bit technical for you, PM me again and I’ll walk you through all the steps.

1 Like

This was actually useful research for me personally as well, as I now know how to manually use an offline wallet to refund the MAID that was too late. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

hey @seneca, is there a twitter account for PDC to see the last updates and news?

1 Like