Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

This is 100% not true, just a week ago there was a exchange where you could sell your PDC. This was possible thanks to 100% of the efforts of the team. Therefore, what you say is not true. I’m also an investor and I don’t feel that way…

5 Likes

I missed that.
As I’m not on the safe forum 24/7 could you give me a hint where I can sell my pdc ?

1 Like

You can follow the story in these 2 topics… But briefly ChainRift closed and in UnuSwap I just put a little liquidity because I don’t want to sell but I gave an example if another wants to sell how it works…

2 Likes

Is this the progress that was made after being delisted in march 2018 ? I’m sorry but I’m less than enthousiastic.

2 Likes

It’s not magical, but it’s not middlefinger too. Right?

2 Likes

There’s not a single reputable exchange in the world that is going to list PDC with what there is to show for. And honestly, I don’t even care. I have never traded pdc. All I’m asking for is to have faith in a project I invested in. And I’ve lost that faith a long time ago because of the lack of interest to communicate with the people that raised nearly half a million USD for the team. It would take less than an hour of work for the team to type an update to try to restore the faith.

The bagholders have nowhere to go. I don’t see any trades happening on this uniswap thing either.

1 Like

We do not need centralized exchange. UniSwap is the best!

I started development and showed a functional proof of concept even before the crowdsale, and later @bzee and I designed and developed a novel way of doing divisible tokens on SAFE which we also published on SAFE testnet. Both are broken and mostly obsolete now, which illustrates the predicament nicely.

There has never been such a condition, but I did specify at the time of the crowdsale that parts of the raised funds could be spend on projects that support the goals of Project Decorum. That obviously applies to SAFE itself, and this was only a loan.

Besides, it was the only logical course of action. If SAFE fails the MAID value is zero, so sitting on it while MaidSafe needed funds only increased that risk. Same thing for dumping them on the market, since MaidSafe at least partially depends on that market for its funding.

None of the core ideas have been changed, almost all of the available information and plans are still relevant.

20 minute updates would be mostly filled with fluff wasting everyone’s time, there is just very little to share until the API is ready for proper development.

22 Likes

Maybe so, but an occasional short update every now and again wouldn’t hurt. I’m not an investor (missed the boat), but If I were I’d find that reassuring.

18 Likes

“Hi there, we still exist and this thing is not dead; it only hibernates” would do.

3 Likes

Of course, that would be nice. This is how we will know that our prayers for your health work :dragon:

As one who has unfortunately got to issue that kind of message on behalf of another project every so often, I can assure you it gets stale very quickly and you end up going around in circles, spending time apologising for lack of progress that could be better spent trying to sort the underlying problems .

2 Likes

I can imagine/relate. The thing is, there is a middle ground. If you drop some sort of message every couple of months, no-one can reasonably blame you for avoiding communication. All that’s left to complain about is the stuff for people who are never satisfied with anything, whom you can easily ignore without looking like putting up a bluff. You should focus on reasonable people rather than do nothing at all because some people are always gonna slate you no matter what you do.

7 Likes

Preach it, brother…

still and all, I feel @Seneca did make it quite clear and @dirvine has referred to it several times that it was Maidsafe holding up Project Decorum.
Those who are complaining have probably not been keeping an eye on the forum.
There is no keeping some folk happy. The SEC patter is just pure mince,…

3 Likes

None of that will be part of the SAFE Browser BTW, it’s the Safe Network App (and of course the CLI) that people will use to manage permissions.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point - the same question stands, roughly what timeframe are we looking at for permissions to make it in to SNAPP?

2 Likes

Hard to say. It’s in the design phase at the moment. I’d guess it’ll likely be post-fleming.

4 Likes

@seneca I need a reply asap.

prepared to bet that as before the answer will depend on the pace of SAFE development - even after 3 years…

1 Like

That would answer only part of the questions Panda asked 3 years ago. Most of them are pretty straightforward.