Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

With all of the talk around SOLID and SAFE, is there any implications for Decorum to be compatible with that way of doing things?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

10 Likes

Most likely yes. Not a stupid question at all!

11 Likes

HI, Where can I transfer my PDC from Bittrex to? Exchange’s or wallet’s. please provide me with options. I can’t seem to transfer to Omniwallet or just not sure how to do it. Bittrex Deadline is today.

Just checking to see if this project is still been worked on? Thanks :grin:

4 Likes

It is, things are just quiet now in anticipation of progress of SAFE itself. I’m keen to see how things like the likely upcoming replacement of MutableData with AppendableData impact our designs. @bzee is lately digging deeper into SOLID and SPARQL, another upcoming addition by MaidSafe we are looking forward to.

21 Likes

Thanks Seneca, appreciate you coming back to me. I’m just looking forward to seeing all these shiny new apps (dApps/sApps?) on the safenetwork.

13 Likes

Do you think a (new) PoC of Decorum will be released this year? Or something else we can look forward to? We might start building up to that moment to gather testers and investors (after all, there is an ERC20 token, but it will only be bought if people can see the potency)

1 Like

@Seneca Any words on this?

2 Likes

This looks dead :joy: dead dead as dead

Do not worry, it’s not dead. There is simply nothing to do so before Alpha 3. Seneca is active in the forum so he has not dead :smiley:

12 Likes

And don’t forget about @bzee, he’s also part of Project Decorum!

15 Likes

Okay, but is he willing to answer my last question? I don’t know if the team is dodging or missing the question at the moment. @bzee Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended) - #1212 by wize83

Ask yourself why so much time went into porting it to ERC20.

1 Like

I cant answer for them.
I can say, i think it took not to much effort on their part to allow those who wanted an erc token to get one.

2 Likes

Even if that’s true, what’s the reason behind creating an ERC20 token and not doing anything with it? You want a PDC PoC or something so there is incentive to invest and trade the token. It really isn’t a hard question.

1 Like

The problem is that there is no network and the API is incomplete and keeps shifting.

This is to be expected, but it means that work beyond a certain point is wasted.

I’m in a similar position. The SAFE CLI and the move to RDF will invalidate a lot of the work I’ve done building upon SAFE NFS for example. So SAFE Drive will stop working, Safenetworkjs may be largely redundant etc.

Right now I’m keen to see what the new data types will mean for the libraries and the apps I’ve built - we all are! It is also very exciting to see Maidsafe building RDF into the core of the network.

@Seneca has already said that they are waiting for the new data types and APIs so I think once this becomes clear, that’s the time development activity will resume.

13 Likes

Yes, I did invest and while I don’t mind to wait, I don’t like it when the devs decide to create an ERC20 token (and with this hinting on trading) but ending up with absolute silence about the reasoning behind it or neglecting to set post token migration goals (which may include leveraging the community to do marketing or word-spreading work). Doesn’t add up. In fact, I’ve created a Telegram group a long time ago to gain more exposure and helping PDC owners with whatever question they come up with. It’s not that I’m only willing to sit and wait for the money to come in or something.

@happybeing thanks for the clarification, looks like if the devs do not come up with any other stuff in the meantime we are still bound to wait until MAID itself comes up with some nifty platform improvements to build on.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was because holders requested it, and it was expected that listing would be easier with ERC20. Trading is possible now through forkdelta / etherdelta etc right now, but demand isn’t there.

It’s also clear thay Omni is becoming less widely used vs ERC20.

I’m happy for the ERC20 option so I can store my PDC on my hardware wallet, and trade it if required / the opportunity arises.

7 Likes

Yes these are the general reasons I offered it for SAFE-FS. It’s a courtesy, because of the many benefits it brings.

No I don’t think he did it because of anything like that, it’s more for the general convenience and options that ERC types give over omni. They get new features regularly, while Omni seems to actually get fewer and fewer due to its development having slowed down to almost nothing.

And the trading happens by default across many DEXes, which you can choose from and use every day. This isn’t (as) possible on omni.

4 Likes

Maybe this thread should be given a more up to date name? Just reads a little odd when it pops up on my unread list.

9 Likes

@Seneca What do you want the title to be now? If you want it changed at all.

4 Likes