Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

Hey @churro

@Seneca did post an update in another topic just 3 days ago Project Decorum - Wallet Release - #118 by Seneca

1 Like

thank you! read it now. well… this update doesn’t look too promising.

Just relax and be a little bit patient until the APIs have stabilized

In this early stage it’s not easy for devs to make stuff that keeps compatible with the network (… He already made a first forum poc on the old test network and the wallet app… So I assume he won’t rush too much with everything now because he doesn’t want to reprogram everything a couple of times ; )

5 Likes

Didn’t mean to fud. It’s only that I already bought my first PDC in June 2016 and yeah, maybe I’m running out of patience. I’ll just hodl.

Absolutely understandable… Turns out it all takes longer than everyone of us would wish :roll_eyes:

But as they say… Have the strength to change what you can and the coolness to accept the inevitable… In this case we first need a sufficient secure and reliable network… But progress can be seen all the time =) we’re on a good path as I see it (and hope I’m not wrong with my judgement)

3 Likes

At this time your investment is worth about 13 times more than in June 2016. Of course you could have won more in other investments but this world begin to lose all sense of proportion.

3 Likes

Dunno if this is the right thread so feel free to move to price topic if necessary, currently sub 10 cent decorum folks, if you have any spare $ floating around it’s a great little buy :+1:

1 Like

The volume is still low

I was trying to think of a simpler erc20 switch method…

Having public SAFE-FS etc BTC (Omni) and ETH switch addresses shown to everybody, and then having them send ETH to match their future Omni SFSC / PDC transaction (x0.000001) etc would work. Should have a time window

So they would send 0.000355 ETH first, and then 355 Omni SFSC / PDC or whatever to burn. Then the ETH address receives the 355 erc-SFSC.

That way there’s no need to verify anything, and anyone trying to game the system only loses their own coins :slight_smile: also helps cover eth gas fee

Could work for MaidSafe erc20 conversion also

1 Like

Except when 2 people select the same amount.

person 1 selects 10240 and person 2 selects 10240 a bit later (each sent 0.010240 ETH)

then person 2 sends their 10240 SAFE-FS first and you then give 10240 to person 1.

But now person 1 has issues. For Example person 1 realized they only had 1024 SAFE-FS

So now person 1 has 10240 erc-SFSC and person 2 has none and suspected as a scammer

Or simply a scammer sends 0.010000 ETH as soon as you open it up. Then the scammer using a common figure waits for another person to try and convert 10000 SFSC. Once that person sends their 10000 SFSC the scammer gets the 10000 erc-SFSC since they were first and your system simply thought the 10000 SFSC was from the first person (scammer)

And obviously worse for MAID since there is a far greater distribution and people tend to hold common sort of amounts like 1000 or x000 or 10000 or x0000 or 100000 etc

3 Likes

It is possible to add certain data to the ETH transaction. We just need to add the public address of the sender to avoid any problems.

5 Likes

It requires people to be diligent and look at the transactions first. Also that’s exactly why I put a time limit on it, exactly. 5-10 minute window like I said, solves the issue you are trying to bring up.

And @digipl’s idea takes that solution even further, if people want to do that extra step to take it from 99% security to 100%

the people cannot control this as its your end.

Yes that would help but leaves possible problems still. For instance the person has an issue their end (power/internet issues) and the more people the more chance it’ll happen to one or more people.

This is the way to do it. No timing issues, no rush to complete etc.

1 Like

No. It’s the blockchain.

That’s why this idea works. It’s open

And yeah his addition makes it even more secure.

Looks good!

RIP PDC on Bittrex… is there any other exchange listing it ?

I think we will not see any exchange any time soon…

Maybe, I’m contacting some exchanges that appear somewhat legit and trustworthy to request listing. If not, we’ll probably do an ERC-20 transition so we get at least access to some decentralised exchanges.

16 Likes

No, my point was that the user cannot control the others and you giving the first person the second’s amount. My example showed how person 1 made a mistake and person 2 missed out entirely and person 2 did everything correctly.

And the reason the first person delayed could be as simple as they lost their private key, they had an accident after sending the eth, or a number of other reasons. And it was your end that gave the second person’s amount to the first.

What you described first up meant that people could lose out to scammers, foreseeable mistakes, etc and it is your end that gave the wrong person the amount.

That is why you MUST use the other method suggested later. Your first method is faulty in some circumstances and prone to scamming or foreseeable errors making it credit the wrong person. And to use that first method is irresponsible I am sorry to say. Especially when the method to encode the address in the eth transaction is available.

Hi, now that PDC is removed from Bittrex, where can I store my PDC’s?
Can I use Project Decorum Wallet?

Thks.

PDC is an Omni asset, so can be stored on any Omni compatible wallet (Omniwallet.org being a popular choice).

Alternatively you can store PDC on any non-segwit Bitcoin wallet, then import the private key to Omniwallet when you want to send them in the future.

3 Likes