Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

That does not make it better. How can you make decentralization without a blockchain.

Much better. . . . . .

6 Likes

Pmsl, you really know nothing about this project do you? One of the fundamental reasons safe is so much better than the other crypto projects is BECAUSE it uses chainless consensus, doesn’t suffer from blockchain bloat, doesn’t require confirmations and fees or wasteful things like proof-of-work. If safenetwork were just another blockchain then we wouldn’t all be here. Safenetwork is security, privacy and freedom for everyone who wants it in their digital lives. BTC and Eth lol… totally different and much less impressive projects, child’s play by comparison. I own a bit of both, but meh, SAFE is where the real disruption is about to come from.

6 Likes

Feel free to use the search here on the forum :wink:

5 Likes

Well said, this summarizes it nicely on a high level. Between all the FUD, (lack of) hype, short term traders that make the mistake that SAFE or Decorum are set up as get-rich-quick-schemes, … This is what it is really about. SAFE and its side projects are no less than a paradigm shift, and it might turn out a revolutionary evolution. When you think of it, not for the faint of heart.

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Maidsafecoin is blockchain-less? Someone explain that to me?

This topic is about the Project Decorum Crowdsale. You got a link to discuss the topic about Blockchains and consensus. Stay on-topic please, thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks @Seneca, Understand you are super busy. If the Maid can be refunded soon that would be helpful.
Really looking forward to buying some PDC on Bittrex after just missing out on the crowdsale (Block 409897, dooh!):
http://omnichest.info/lookuptx.aspx?txid=8a09ea19c7a53477df8b97e6e044c8ffdd605065e0c9d3502d7d166e1b8eac44

2 Likes

I just noticed the blue Penrose beside PDC on coinmarketcap. Is this appropriate? It’s not Maidsafe’s project.

Edit: this adds weight to the argument that the company and the network branding need to be separate. Only more confusion to come as more apps are added using the ‘network logo’.
Some, as seen have aleady turned sour. Clear distinction is important… trust in a brand the same.

2 Likes

Protecting the brand is just as important as the branding process itself. As soon as some negative issue arises with an org piggybacking on Maidsafe. Maidsafe, the farmers, investors, devs, et al pay the price. Maidsafe needs to set guidelines for who and how its “EXPENSIVE” branding can be used.

PDC should not be allowed to use this and Maidsafe should not give them permission.

If a logo needs to be created for complimentary technologies that are built for Maidsafe - similiar to “powered by Intel” then lets do it. But ir needs to be clear this is not Maidsafe.

1 Like

Agreed but ‘built for/on safenet’ instead of Maidsafe Co.

perfect! Its a whole other branding process, and equally important.

1 Like

A note from someone who sticked around for quite a while on this board: it´s not “safenet/SAFEnet” for legal reasons:

Well I had actually just corrected it to say SAFE network but as I did BIGbtc qouted in reply so I changed it back again not wanting to edit something that has been qouted. But a valid point and yes built for SAFE network is what I meant, or something along those lines.

2 Likes

Alright, just to prevent misconceptions. There is no coherent use and sometimes people use SAFEnet, which is actually catchier imho.

1 Like

I sent 1 BTC to try and chip into your crowdsale you had awhile ago and it did not make the last block, however you never gave me the BTC back like promised. Please let me know when you will return my bitcoin?

I checked out their site and there’s not trademark notices, etc. Also they’ve changed their company name from SafeNet to Gemalto.

Don’t think there’s a legal reason to not use SAFEnet or SafeNet, but it’s worth it to just go ahead and say SAFE Network all the same.

3 Likes

I didn´t doublecheck that, but I´d be really surprised if there were any trademark reservations, given that SafeNet was a huge enterprise and Gemalto still uses the brand to market it´s products. Very unlikely that using the term wouldn´t bring lawyers to the scene.

1 Like

You can count on the legal vultures circling after Maidsafe has taken the world by storm and safecoin is 3 bucks. Its what they do and all part of the game. Money has an odor that only litigation attorneys can sense. They are better than bloodhounds. But guess what, it will be a long and protracted battle that will bring tremendous publicity to the product and boyz from Troon.

2 Likes

I just looked at the blockchain and you might want to see if you may already have received it back… There were 2 transactions of 1BTC and nearly 1BTC

And if you examine each address we can see the transaction there too