Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

What’s the best way to donate BTC if not from an exchange what do you suggest ?

Omniwallet. In omniwallet you will be able to see the tokens coming back.

2 Likes

Will Clike coins generate dividends based on app use?

No, people can use them to ‘boost’ a topic, reply, article etc. tot the top on say a forum or so. When they do that coin is gone.

2 Likes

When coins die on usage, who get’s the new coin generated by mining? how can someone mine? will the coins be divisible?

Please see this post for some details on alt Coins within safe.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they will become divisible. But miners that are now mining coins to get BTC will be able to mine these coins in quite the same way. That’s why the difficulty is already based on asics that are used to mine BTC. Otherwise they could jump on and creates endless amounts of new coins. The difficulty will grow quite fast as well.

So for example send from bittrex to Omniwallet and then from omniwallet to the crowdsale ??

1 Like

Any miners may get new coins. Someone can mine by getting unmined coins first (regular tokens), either by buying them from the SAFE Network directly or on the market if people already pre-bought them from the SAFE Network. Then the miner can run software (doesn’t exist yet, but not hard to make) to find a proof of work for the coin(s) in question. Only then will wallets recognize the token as a Clike token.

It will be possible to extend the protocol to let smaller denominations be mined (with corresponding easier mining difficulty). Breaking up existing “full” denomination tokens in smaller denominations would be possible as well (though this would cost some network PUTs). Whether these features will be enabled/implemented is a matter of demand, which, if Clike tokens are highly valued, will likely be big.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the way to go then!

1 Like

@Konstantin_Lomashuk
Could you add Project Decorum to Cyber.fund’s radar?

@Seneca Felicitation so far, maybe it might also help to have a talk at the Crypto Show
@fergish help :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Very excited for Project Decorum, and looking forward to seeing it in action!

6 Likes

The ants are coming!! Project Decorum :triumph:

4 Likes

So a miner creates the SD with the correct address/tag first then mines the SD?

2 Likes

Hmm, regarding clikes, and considering a similar situation… I always ignore the targeted ads at the top of search results; the habit is so ingrained, I literally don’t see them most of the time.

If I felt that some forum comments were being sneaked up to the top by payment, I would tend to react the same way, or abandon the forum altogether if such ignoring was too hard to do.

1 Like

Clike usage will be visible, as I understand it. And once you see something disagreeable, you can block further stuff from that source. It costs the user of Clike. Also, organic web of trust likes and dislikes have more weight than Clikes and the Clikes impact decays with time.

My guess is that this sort of model will really change the way those wanting to influence groups from outside will be forced to behave. I think we’ll see and increase of respect and a more genuine effort to service those reached, because those who do it well will be rewarded best, those who don’t do it well will be rewarded less, and those that do other will be moved way out of the money fast, and have to reform and show penitence to be allowed to approach again.

If it doesn’t evolve this way, Users will simply invoke their ability to exclude any affect to rank or visibility that Clike would otherwise have, relying on the organic web of social trust that will be stronger in the Decorum protocol natively.

Efforts by big money to co-opt the system will thus just shut the big money out.

I can think of a few probably-programable functions that would let Clikes still be of value even if big money were abusing it. Such as: having a setting that causes all Clikes to be ignored unless they are posted under content which has subsequently been given organic likes by those within ones trust boundries, and only according to the level of trust those people share with the User.

Decorum, SafeX and the SAFE Network (and other apps certainly) together are a Trojan horse carrying agents of social sanity rather than Greeks.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight: you have a crowdsale for a app that requires a platform that is not out, won’t be out for an unknown amount of time that could potentially end up being forever, won’t have the inevitable kincks ironed out for an even longer amount of time, and said platform has not even proven in the wild to be able to provide the features it has promised?

2 Likes

What can you say, the guys an optimist! I don’t blame him really.

1 Like

IMO you are uncovering the potential of it all and a lot of really smart people starting to see the “writing the wall.” Last time I checked Decurum is over $60,000 in the crowd sale in less than 48 hours. This is with the reality you described. Imagine what we will be doing in the world when the network is fully functional, lots of SAFE wealthy early adopters, and people are working on their passions and paying the bills.

9 Likes

Just like startup or .com investments,
we hope for the best…

2 Likes