Project Decorum - Crowdsale (Ended)

This all depends on the amount of BTC and MAID that is raised. There’s no limit in the crowdsale so we’ll only know how much you’ll receive once the crowdsale has ended.

Thing is, we don’t even have an e-mail address to ask something…

But ok, i understand. You got have faith lol. I’ve saved the Hash transaction, suggest that you guys do it. That’s the only proof of transfer right now.

My personal e-mail is in the Purchase Agreement, I didn’t put it directly on the website or here on this forum in the hope that web crawlers are less likely to find it.

I’m fairly active on this forum as well, so feel free to ask questions here.

1 Like

Hi, I have a couple of questions.

1 - About the mining bit. As far as I understand it’s a smart approach that will not only work well for decorum but also other projects. However, I can’t shake the feeling how inefficient it sounds, to have this mining thing going on separately purely with the idea of preventing tokens going extinct.

There has to be a better way for this purpose I feel, and if so then most likely someone else will figure it out and decorum and my investment might suffer.

Have you considered other means of how to reintroduce tokens into the economy? If so why not air those ideas and see what the community thinks.

I for one think that a decentralized forum based on top of safenet or a blockchain should have some form of reward for content creators and moderators. Why not reward those instead of people who own bitcoin miners… Just my opinion, probably easier to say than do.

But if there is a way to reward people for actually contributing instead of wasting electricity mining, which servers little to no purpose then it would be great imo

2 - About the “Clike” token name. May I ask what other alternatives there are? Reason I’m asking is because myself and a couple I asked first didn’t get it. I assume it’s meant like “C-like” but everyone I have seen at first thought “Claike” when we saw it.

This is very important though, impression is everything and if the token does not have the optimal “ring” to it it may make things more difficult.

Personally I would prefer something like “DFT” which could be short for decentralized forum token.

3 - About the name Decorum, it’s great but have you considered going the obvious route with just “safenet forum”. It sounds boring maybe but there is a lot of value in just familiarity. Lot’s of people day 1 will just google for that you know.

Anyways, that was my thoughts. GL with everything. Love what I’ve seen so far, you seem bright! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a question about a section on official website of Project Decorum - Crowdsale
http://www.project-decorum.com/crowdsale/

Current mining costs are derived from Bitcoin mining statistics, and
thus takes ASICs into account. We hold that 63.5 billion GigaHash has a
value of about 1 USD. So if at the end of the crowdsale we find that
tokens were sold for say, 0.001 USD each, the base difficulty is set to
635 million GigaHash (0.01 USD).

How was calculated that “63.5 billion GigaHash has a value of about 1 USD” ?
63.5 billion GigaHash per what ? Second, minute, hour ?
To be precise 63.5 billion=63,500,000,000.
Current bitcoin network hashrate is 1,217,750,135 = 1.27 billion GigaHash/second so how does it relate to data given on the Project Decorum’s web page ?

Soz if this is noobish question but couldn’t figure this one out myself.

Yes, and still considering them, but haven’t found an optimal solution (yet).

Indeed!

It’s from “coin like”. Because it’s a “coin” that can be used as an endorsement (Like). I wanted something short and related to it’s function.

Here you are:

Note that other info in that post is outdated, but this part still applies.

Edit: Bloody hell, I have made a mistake there. It is not correct, it should be million, not billion. Thank you for asking!
Edit2: Corrected it on the website.

1 Like

I liked the name from the start, because I read Clike as See-and-like. And that are exactly the circumstances where this token is going to be used.

Maybe it could/should be written as C-like to avoid too much confusion and help reading it in a different way? Just a suggestion…

3 Likes

I really like this idea. Certain folks will be able to subscribe to a moderator’s “style”. I’m essentially saying I agree with this person’s (people’s) judgement about content and want to follow their recommendations. Those people could be rewarded tokens for being trusted. It would be easy to game a system like this though. IE make a ton of accounts and subscribe to another.

4 Likes

You guys probably knew, but for everyone else, this subject is covered in the initial plans of Decorum.

http://www.project-decorum.com/collaborative-moderation/

1 Like

This concept could be highly profitable on professional advice forums. Trading, law, notary, ict, marketing, blogging, you name it.

2 Likes

Here is an interesting thought at least to my mind. Specific sites will use/implement the Decorum protocol. What if those sites could choose default moderator’s styles (the ability to override by each user would ALWAYS take president)? The popularity of those sites could then be used to fight the gaming of the system if those moderators were rewarded by the protocol itself.

This would be similar to how the popularity of sites will determine dev payments if that is ultimately included.

2 Likes

True it’s short and does describe the function pretty well. But, I can’t shake the feeling that it feels a bit weak though and maybe not professional in a way. I had a few mins so I scribbled down some suggestion, maybe there is some value to it.

• Marks (short for marketing)
  • Decs (short for decorum)
  • PRT (PR token)
  • DFT (decentralized forum token)
  • Boost or Hype

I think whatever you end up deciding it will be important to do so based on where you want this thing to go. If every forum or community on safenet started using this platform in some way or form then it could really take off and create incredible marketing synergy (as if you didn’t already know that, hehe)

With this in mind though, what name does appeal the most to the ones who will buy these tokens… That’s the question I guess. One name could give the impression of something more valuable than another name. Maybe I’m putting to much thought into this idk. Again GL though :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Seneca that was bothering me and now the numbers tally.
Just for the sake of correctness you may also want to put them right in the thread Project Decorum: DECentralised fORUM (and protocol) - #113 by Seneca

1 Like

Probably a dumb question…

What will be the relatioship betwen PDCs (or decorum token lenders) and Clikes?

According to documents and topics in the forum

PDC will be converted to Clikes when its all up and running at the rate of one to one

Is this still true? Just wondering because we’ve been going with Decorum for so long now

2 Likes

Based on the emission model, it sounds like the price of Clike is designed to remain stable. Is that true?

What specific benefit will Clike usage provide on the forum? Highlighted topic, pinned topic, etc.

If I invest right now will I get 15% crowdsale?

1 Like

You mean 15% extra coins? Yes, that’s for the first week. And the first week isn’t over yet.

2 Likes

So, those 50 million PDC’s will be evenly divided at the participants at the end of the crowdsale?
More participants means, the less PDC’s you will get per BTC?

1 Like