Preparing a coordinated marketing campaign

Well said. Back in my studies (long time ago) the marketing classes had Coca-Cola as the most valuable brand in the world. Nowadays it is mainly tech:

To sum up my thoughts on this. Brand management, advertising, education, and getting the word out about MAID should never be a bad thing. The more accurate material that is out there the better. I think accurate needs to be highlighted here. Material saying MAID will be $3,000 per coin is fine if you truly believe that. But, I don’t think suggestions like that should be associated with MaidSafe, unless they make that prediction.

I totally agree with the article that David wrote about how the phrase decentralized internet does not correctly define or differentiate MadeSafe. Anonymous Decentralized Internet sounds better. But, Absolute Security, Completely Anonymous, Decentralized, Fully Redesigned, Faster, Safer, Internet Platform is more accurate - imo. This just doesn’t have a great marking tone.

One last general comment: I appreciate everyone on this forum. Even when people disagree, if you look at everyone’s intentions - they are for the better of MaidSafe!

2 Likes

This is so true, most individuals are not scared of potential privacy threats, but they are scared of computer viruses and they are annoyed by spam. Will these still be an issue with Safe Network? Even though files are broken into chunks, can a virus still be activated when they are reassembled on the individual’s end? What about spam? When there is a Safe Network email program that has been widely adopted, will the spamming problems still exist?

Also, individuals might not be concerned with privacy but corporations are. Maybe the first groups targeted by a marketing campaign should be corporations and let the individuals follow.

3 Likes

I’m just wondering why the price of NEO/ANS has risen 10 times in the past week. Is it a rebranding of Antshares, Marketing hype or is it the tech?

Perhaps the name Maidsafe isn’t relevant 10 years don the track. . The Safe Paradigm Shift sounds sexier

1 Like

Or New Paradigm Shift

Maybe Jet-Set-Willy-Coin?

Or Antshares Mark 2. Jet Set Will Coin nah

Sorry, maybe showing my age… perhaps it could have a signature theme tune… like I dunno… a grim version of moonlight sonata or something…

The comments from Aranad on that forum are so relevant to unlocking the marketing of Maidsafe. David, no offence but Autonomous may mean something to developers but not to crypto investors looking for the next Bitcoin.

SAFE isn’t after crypto investors when they are “selling” the network.

If there is any more requirements by Maidsafe for investing then the marketing to those investors will be done by Maidsafe and be specific for that round of fund raising.

This network was conceived before crypto and is not a “crypto project” as such. The closest to crypto is it used encryption and they introduced a coin for buying/selling resources. THe coin was not meant as a trading instrument like most “crypto coins” are.

5 Likes

But still… JetSetWillyCoin [JSW] sounds cool doesn’t it…

Nah sounds kiddy like. Why do I always picture a vacuum cleaner when I see the word Maidsafe

Yeah I know all that Neo but what is the end purpose of this Marketing that the Maidsafe community is looking for

Well I picture a big metal safe in a french maids outfit, but sexual preferences aside…

You are so old generation thinking. Maybe we should ask Cadbury to allow use of it’s ad but actually vocalise the lyrics

Please say what you think is what the community wants out of the marketing campaign

Saw this is facebook. Can someone verify? If info is wrong then it’s bad marketing.

What is so special about Maidsafe compared to its competitors, what solutions will it provide that others can’t and approximately when will it happen.(you guys have spent a while on it)

That will require a book to explain and is why so many people take months to find out. Firstly think of the internet protocols. Then think of replacing them with end-to-end encrypted protocols with distributed autonomous storage protocols and end-to-end encrypted messaging (not twitter but communications). Then add to that security, and a coin to pay people for supplying data to the network and to spend to store data.

Its not a money making crypto coin/project to be one better than the last crypto project. SAFE is at odds with all that, and in essence a replacement for the current internet protocols making people in charge of their data.

4 Likes

OMG. There goes all that geek speak again. No wonder this fish is floundering