Preparing a coordinated marketing campaign

I really like this idea :+1:

2 Likes

Hooray, Ive been asking for this for a while. So simple for the public to understand. Now if the experts can fill in the blanks to highlight all the features and differences, the community can spread it just like the videos

2 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to put this. I know David isn’t big on buzz words but it does draw people and devs in. I think we should consider peppering in Dapps and Smart Contracts as the space is over run with people looking for the next platform to program smart contracts or dapps on. I’d like to point out one of the benefits of NEO is that smart contracts can be written in any standard language which we can claim the same! Anything we develop on SAFE is considered a Dapp but it’s a buzz word we don’t use. Just something to consider. @SarahPentland @dugcampbell

4 Likes

Great point! I can add three columns, dApp, Smart Contract compatibility and programming language.

So is it possible to develop an Safe app with ALL programming languages?

4 Likes

There is a standard c API for the safe network that can be interfaced with by any language you want (and someone wrote a library to make it easier / you are capable enough to write this library yourself) as of now the libraries maidsafe delivers are Java, node-js and c# if I’m not mixing stuff now (not very knowledged when it comes to anything with Java in its name - no clue if it’s called a npm /node-js /standard js library… I really need to learn a little bit about node at some point… )

2 Likes

Well it should not be compare with some random picked coins, but rather with top 5 to make it little more independent scoring.

this topic has pretty much died up but didnt know where to post it otherwise.

Found this article on bitcoinmagazine: Advancing Toward a Decentralized Internet in the Real World - Bitcoin Magazine - Bitcoin News, Articles and Expert Insights

Wherent we also on this series? I see they mention SOLID which will integrate witch the SAFE network right? So why in this topic is there no mention of SAFE ? Maybe the marketing team should reach out to bitcoinmagazine?

@maidsafe has been flying under the radar since after the first ICO in 2014 but may see some serious attention after this summers Decentralized Web Summit 2018 (featured prominently in the article you cite) where it appears @maidsafe dominates with @dirvine @nicklambert @Viv … even former Maidsafe outreach Paige Peterson @ioptio joins the summit with zcash. Looks like an awesome event and hopefully this project is well into its next couple of iterations so event attendees can be witness to the Safenet vision.

5 Likes

that would be super awesome :sunglasses::hugs:

Hi!

How do I go about getting added to the Trello wall?
Marketing and Comms are my speciality so I would love to get involved!

1 Like

I’ll jump in too…

I am ‘extremely’ excited about the long term potential of the project but I sincerely believe that jumping in with announcements too soon or before the product is demonstrable/usable in a user friendly and professional way, will hurt us.

I think the marketing efforts right now should only focus on and pitch what Maidsafe is developing and how cool the technology is.

(I have seen folks releasing some apps, that require special authentication on browsers that can be downloaded only by invitation etc - these are all good for tech savvy folks - not for regular users)

Right now, just get them excited and spread awareness so that they are really looking forward to the product (usable) when it is formally released.

4 Likes

I like something like below -

13 Likes

Old thread, but I didn’t want to start a new one for just this one point:

I think Maidsafe and Safenetwork may get more attention soon, when Fleming and other stuff are released. “Comeback” -type of storyline could be one possible narrative to support marketing.

It is a well known and powerful narrative structure, and Maidsafe is maybe the first crypto project that is old, forgotten, and vital enough to tap into it. They were very much on the stage in 2014, then forgotten a bit and now coming back stronger than ever. It’s a very humane and engaging story: a promise of success, then some difficulties, clearing of them, and success again.

Just a thought. @dugcampbell

11 Likes

I see the story more as crypto traders priced in 5 years ahead then while waiting for that got bored and fell off the wagon :stuck_out_tongue: Ya your way of putting it is better marketing for sure. Still I would be careful about even drawing any attention to that. I would more focus on fundamentals and let people draw their own conclusions about the market. As soon as you start saying “this is going to the moon” you kinda made a promise and people can come back at you if the illegal finical advice didn’t work out.

I wasn’t thinking about the price of coin, just about the story of getting the tech to work. My goal here is not so much on the price of coin, but just getting attention to the project. It would likely reflect on the price, but it would also have other benefits, such as getting more app developers on board etc. It’s not just the coin that has been a bit outcast in the blockchain world, but the tech itself too.

5 Likes

Ya it’s not illegal finical advice to just show someone how awesome something that happens to have a market is. I thought you were more talking about marketshare and how it used to be a top 10 volume coin and hopefully will come back. And I mean that can totally be an inference people draw, just don’t say it directly :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, it is not a financial advice at all. Like it is not a financial advice to advertise iPhones. Some people buy the phone, some buy the shares of Apple, some buy both.

3 Likes

this is great, i love it.

My 2 cents- please make every effort to identify who the target audience is.

Make efforts to select this group based upon their inherent love of Safe’s product, as well as their ability to influence others. (no need to appease the speculators, they are already hyping. Go for the meat and the bone :wink: )

1 Like

For me the target audience is everyone on the planet: man, woman, child…

Of course, for different people I highlight different features of the network.

For example, tomorrow I will go to Garden Bazaar of Arts and there I will emphasize that the SAFE network is a new green internet.

No servers = less pollution…

2 Likes