Preparing a coordinated marketing campaign

Thanks for the kind words guys. I don’t do donations, but I appreciate the gesture.

I do have a YouTube channel, but I only use it for personal stuff. And these videos would’nt last a day on there anyway. Copyright infringement from head to toe.

6 Likes

I think it’s great and the message-to-footage ratio is just right. I like the way the join the dots metaphor fits in with SAFE Network logo too.

The only thing I’d take out is the ‘no servers or blockchain’ message close to the start. It just seems to be in the wrong place and would be better at the end, perhaps after Redesigning the Internet from the ground up.

When the avalanche starts perhaps you could have a message about ‘once it starts it will be impossible to stop’ and ‘It will disrupt everything in its path’ or something like that?

Also personal preference but I don’t like all caps - looks a bit shouty, but that may just be me.

1 Like

So, if you can’t use the video on You Tube because of copyright concerns, will you be able to use it to promote SafeNetwork in other places?

I do have a YouTube channel, but I only use it for personal stuff. And these videos would’nt last a day on there anyway. Copyright infringement from head to toe.

So you mean to tell us you did not hire a helicopter and shot all of that on your own? I am so disappointed! :laughing:

3 Likes

Would need to be as fan non-Youtube channel I am guessing

Liked it! Without being able to at first glance tell you where, it needs some fine-tuning as you already said yourself.

The idea of nature, avalanches and regrowth is inspiring!

Thanks for all your efforts DeWild :+1:t2:

Just gonna leave this here:

1 Like

That’s rather depressing… :frowning:

2 Likes

So when is the coordinated marketing campaign being launched? I think if we focus on the OP we can come up with some comprehensive strategies! I think the difficulty is that this thread has too much debate (which is very good) and not enough decisiveness, maybe some sort of voting mechanism could be introduced in order get things moving forward?

I think you will find it will end up being staged rather than “launched”. Step by step and building up as SAFE moves from alpha to beta through to release candidates.

This is a long term project and as such to build excitement too fast is not good. We need to grow the marketing at an appropriate rate.

Just in case you were not aware.

3 Likes

I’d kill off r safenetwork. Build up r maidsafe and re-brand it otherwise you risk a situation like r bitcoin and r btc.

2 Likes

In a sense yes, but it gives those who see the safe network’s potential opportunity to invest further in MAID while seeing a very real target that makes huge future gains quite believable.

Could be a good time to re-invest profits from other projects that have performed well back into MAID (even though MAID is at its all time high just now!).

If IOTA and ADA are where they are despite being less ambitious than the SAFE network, and also pre-launch or unproven, where could MAID be once it’s ready for launch / it got hold of the consciousness of crypto investors & traders?

2 Likes

Yes I agree, but this shouldn’t mean a complete blackout on marketing which is currently happening comparing to other crypto. Substratum is now being featured on Forbes as the revolutionary thing in the ‘#ChangeTheWorld’ section. We never come up on reddit crypto subs and not a single established Youtuber ever mentions us. This has led to us sliding from top 10 to under 50 and if this continues we’ll be under top 100 market caps by Easter and probably below 300 by the end of the year.

A Coordinated campaign should mean we do something now and build it up as things get to launch. Our developer updates need to reach out to the wider crypto ecosystem so that we get people’s attention. Later (closer to launch) we need to reach out to Youtubers (maybe even to 1 or 2 now). And I know that I will probably get a response mocking crypto Youtubers but most people have jobs, I have 2 and crypto is a thing on top of that, youtube allows me (and hundred thousands of others) to get their updates when they are cooking, getting ready for work, working out, etc…

2 Likes

Yes, true enough - it shows potential and a glimpse of where people position a working SAFENetwork within the space.

2 Likes

Correct and why I never said to do that.

This is what I was saying. We maybe a year or 2 from any release candidates though.

I actually think our limited community efforts may already be having an impact. People had a lot of free time over Christmas to research stuff.

The decentralised internet space isn’t actually that big and investors getting drawn in via big substratum bucks are likely to look at alternatives as part of their due diligence. So, in some ways, those marketing one project actually markets all of them.

3 Likes

To me it’s quite a simple task. No current project has a working solution, they are all working towards one. Maidsafe needs to blow the others out of the water by clearly and simply explaining what it will deliver THAT THE OTHERS CAN’T.

If that isn’t achievable in the short term, we will be lower than 50.

4 Likes

Problem is nowadays blowing people’s mind is all about creating a crypto kitten app or some absurd meme.

Anyone has a meme app to show with alpha 2?

3 Likes

I’ve added a comment recommending MaidSafe/The SafeNetwork lately to some popular crypto youtube videos/channels.
Someone like CryptoCandor for example said at least ‘Thanks for the info’. And I find her good, look at her long and good interview with Charles Hoskinson of Cardano.

4 Likes