Premium-Name to add value to names

What I love about the Maidsafe team, is that they do things in a responsible/sensible manner. Like I said before, we could have a builtin mechanisme to limit the bidding price (we could vote as a community for this, I know that people would want to create a blackmarket to get around this, but even that could be solved, by letting you send a premium name and the amount getting substracted from the receiver SAFEcoin wallet (so the system works like: they don’t have to send you money, you send the premium name and the amount gets substracted). Who knows beside the limit, we could say that for every price above the limit, 50% goes towards development of the SAFE Network.

There doesn’t have to be a difference between poor and rich, if you can register a premium name and pay for it through farming. Everybody has an equal change… And aren’t there any differences in the current world? You are here right now and you beat atleast a rich person to it…

[quote=“bugsbunny, post:14, topic:4122”]
why shouldn’t I have the same opportunities like you, just because I had been born lately?
[/quote]Because it wasn’t your time yet to have the opportunity somebody had like 30 years ago. People who are not on this forum right now, are like the unborn in life’s game… It’s time to realize that you’ll have other opportunities as time past.

People have been selling domain names for years example sex.com (sorry kids I had to say that). If it’s not your thing, do what you do and make sure your happy. The only thing that I’m saying now is that even poor people have the same change like the rich people, if they could register a premium name through farming. I know that technology always reach poor people last, but it’s even worst, some can’t even create an app/farm because they don’t have the resources or knowledge about these things.

You know what unfortunate, that there are opensource projects out there that are totally unfunded, while they are essential for systems to work.

Dude a infrastructure always needs that support, example from the real world: when you do nothing about the roads, you could have potholes, which result in car damages and other problems. if people are generally greedy, why not let them pay for it in a way to support the infrastructure? I mean if you’r using the road, you should pay.

I don’t know about you but when I read things like this:

I just think that the team can use every penny that a greedy person can spend.

Why shoulden’t a fellow community member not make a profit? If it support the SAFE Network in the end? Have you check how much Icann asks for brand names nowadays? $185,000. Why should we have a name system that ignores what happens in the real world? Why shoulden’t we have that kitty that can take away the SAFE team financial worries/talks. Please don’t say me anything about morals, hierarchy or contribution. I rather see a community member receiving $185,000 for a premium name they sold atleast they’ve contributed to the development of the SAFE Network.

You don’t change things in a day (look at how many years Maidsafe took), but you can slowly change things. Having a premium name is creating a rat race, a steady kitty, but maybe it’s just all part of nature. Who knows that community member receiving $185,000 for a premium name, will get the idea to invest in the SAFE Network and create a job for 10 other people. People always invest in that which made them money. Although the SAFE Network will have it’s survival mechanism builtin, it’s missing the element that will make people GREEDY to have it. I usually don’t stimulate greed, but if it lets the SAFE Network spread like a virus and support the dev core team I’m all for it.

BTW dude if I was a millionair, this is how I would life