Pre StephenC's casual Tuesday meeting update thread! Yay! :D

I’m so excited for tomorrows casual tuesday team meeting’s update from StephenC!

I thought I’d make this new thread, and we can share hopes and guesses about tomorrow’s update!

To answer your question: Yes, it’s a meme! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16 Likes

OK, I’ll throw in a guess. No testnet this week. My guess is it will take at least three more weeks.

4 Likes

Booo!! Way to ruin the meme :sweat_smile:

You know what, I do think it will be this week!

9 Likes

Definitely, I can feel it!

4 Likes

If you say 3 weeks more, I would say about 3 months lol

3 Likes

That’s the most optimistic I have seen you :wink:

9 Likes

I’m feeling 2 to 3 weeks.

3 Likes

I am with you on that one, I hope 2 but we will see. A big improvement is happening right now to make rewards and more, solid. Tomorrow we will also look to also implement lost consensus repair in parallel. That part won’t slow testnet, but will mean the network should be unfailable, however we need to describe exactly what that means. i.e. if nodes all go off and never come back on and clients don’t have data then it could be trouble, but anything less should be avoidable at least and recoverable at worst.

27 Likes

I’m sorry for pissing into your bonfire.

It’s just that I think that the more we can turn our focus away from “Are we there yet?”, the more we can enjoy the ride. I seems to me that something like that happened a couple of weeks ago and this forum started to bubble with many interesting topics and threads. And I think those threads in themselves are already better marketing for the project than any “release coming soon, maybe” -shouting. They offer interesting content, not just vague anticipation.

But make no mistake, I am as expectant as the next person here. And I would like to make that waiting fun, but I shy away from anything that feels like it will give a message of “please, be faster” to the people doing the hard work.

6 Likes