Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Looks like they are also working on diagrams and documentation along with other efforts like improving Rust API’s to make contributing easier. Fleming will hopefully garner a lot of attention and also contributors to some of the libraries. One thing is for sure, they’re closer than they were yesterday :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Little hint: if you want to see the diagrams, you can use this tool, replacing the sha1 with that of the commit you want to look at. https://gitcdn.link/cdn/maidsafe/routing/4ab894773428c9916b2bb9fef1881ee227f82869/routing_model/index.html

This is half documentation, half impl spec: it indicates how we are planning to implement node ageing into routing (the hardest remaining bit of Fleming, as Parsec is getting there, like @anon94252342 pointed out :wink: )

9 Likes

Any idea when the Node aging implementation will start and how long it will take to code?

“Soon”, and “a finite amount of time” :smile: Can’t tell much more, as you know :wink:

16 Likes

Keeping secrets now are we? Thought I’d get in first but in a light hearted way :sweat_smile: I know its hard to ever estimate such things

Thanks for all the good work and helping us to understand some of the process.

10 Likes

Im not sure but I think that first of the node aging commits are now in github- Routing model handle replay,loss,trust and split. I might be wrong though…

10 Likes

I wonder if the “exciting news” re the website update will be delivered this week. It’s been a few weeks now

2 Likes

The pieces are coming together guys, but it won’t be this week. Think you’ll like it when it’s ready though!

While we’re waiting, let’s play a wee game of fill in the blanks, shall we?:

_ O _ _ M _ _

:grin:

12 Likes

Must be some mistake as the obvious phrase doesn’t fit

“Are we there yet”

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

What does MOONMAN mean

5 Likes

can we get a roadmap for the roadmap release this week tho?

1 Like

Let me raise an RFC for that

6 Likes

Well, let’s see. First the Earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes… … alpha3 happened, starsmick fainted, we released beta before he woke up, but then bitcoin crashed, we all moved to Pirie shells as the seas retreated and just spewed them out, deflation took over, dinosaurs came back , but the flaming asteroids returned, we had loads of oil … :smiley: :smiley:

24 Likes

airplane

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s happy hour at Maidsafe HQ!?

7 Likes

are you saying there will be no alpha 4 before beta?

1 Like

No, it depends how long you were out for :slight_smile: Seriously though it is more likely we will have something different form alpha 4 running alongside beta development phase. We will announce all that in the next few weeks though. Nothing major, don’t panic or go on a crazy buying spree. We are looking for a better dev experience as we get to launch.

20 Likes

More like meeting madness if there is such a thing, speaking of which I am now going into my 5th such thing, arghhh !! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

WhiteOutMashups, obviously.

1 Like

Cheating didn’t help!

boarman, boatman, boatmen, bockman, bodamer, boehmer, boehmke, boelman, boerman, bogomil, bogyman, bogymen, bohemia, bohlman, boldman, bolimba, bollman, boloman, bolomen, bonamia, bondman, bondmen, bookman, bookmen, boorman, bootman, boramez, bordman, borgman, bornman, bortman, boseman, bosomed, bosomer, bossman, bousman, bouwman, bowsman, bozeman, coadmit, coalman, coalmen, cockman, cocomat, codamin, coffman, coheman, cojimar, cokeman, coleman, collman, colombe, colombi, colombo, columba, columbo, columel, columna, columns, comamie, commmon, conamed, cookman, coolman, coopman, copeman, copyman, coremia, corkmat, cornman, corumba, corymbs, cossman, cottman, cozumel, dochmii, dockman, dohrman, dongmei, doorman, doormat, doormen, doremus, dorfman, dorsman, doryman, dorymen, dossman, dossmen, dousman, folkman, folkmot, follman, follmer, footman, footmen, foramen, foreman, foremen, forkman, forkmen, forsman, fortman, fosamax, fourman, goffman, goldman, goleman, gongman, gonimic, goodman, goodmen, gossman, gottman, gourmet, gownman, gownmen, hochman, hockman, hodgman, hoffman, hoilman, holcman, holdman, holeman, holiman, hollman, holtman, holyman, holzman, hoodman, hoodmen, hookman, hoopman, hoopmen, hootman, hornmad, horsman, hortman, hoseman, hosemen, hottman, hoummos, housman, houtman, ionomer, kochman, koffman, kohlman, kokumin, kollman, kolomak, kolomea, kolomna, kooiman, koopman, kooyman, kortman, kossman, kostman, loadman, lockman, lockmen, locoman, locomen, lodeman, loftman, loftmen, lohrman, lomamar, longman, lopeman, lorimar, lorimer, lorimor, lottman, lovemad, lovemak, loveman, loxomma, moammar, mobsman, mobsmen, moerman, mohamad, mohamed, mohlman, mohrman, molimen, molompi, monimia, monomer, monomya, monumbo, moonmad, moonman, moonmen, moorman, moormen, moosman, mootman, mootmen, moreman, moseman, mosiman, mossman, mousmee, mousmes, nokomis, nonomad, noramco, nordman, norimon, noteman, noummos, oolemma, poelman, pohlman, pokomam, pokomoo, poleman, polemic, pollman, pollmen, polymer, polymny, pondman, ponemah, poorman, poremba, porkman, poromas, portman, portmen, postman, postmen, potamic, potempa, potomac, roadman, roadmap, roadmen, rockman, rodsman, rodsmen, roffman, rohlman, rohrman, rollman, rollmop, roodmas, roofman, roofmen, ropeman, ropemen, roseman, rossman, rotaman, rotamen, rothman, rottman, soakman, sockman, sockmen, sodamid, sodomic, sodomoy, sofamor, sokeman, sokemen, solaman, solamen, soliman, solimes, solimon, soloman, solomon, solomos, solyman, sonamed, songman, tobyman, tobymen, toftman, toftmen, togeman, tokamac, tokamak, tokomak, tollman, tollmen, tonemes, tonemic, tongman, tongmen, toolman, toolmen, topsman, topsmen, torumis, totemic, totyman, townman, townmen, toxamin, toxemia, toxemic, volemic, volkman, volkmar, volkmer, vollman, vollmar, vollmer, voltmer, volumed, volumen, volumes, woadman, woermer, wogoman, wolfman, wolfmen, wollman, woltman, woodmac, woodman, woodmat, woodmen, woolman, woolmen, wordman, wordmen, workman, workmen, wortman, yohimbe, yohimbi, zollman, zorkmid, zortman, zosimus

11 Likes