Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

sneak peak to the graph creation visualization

slightly overwhelming in the first moment :smiley: but i guess when letting it sink in a bit it becomes easier to digest :smiley:

10 Likes

Hahaha :smiley: Still fixing typos in there. You’ve been warned :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Don’t fret chevy, we’ll help you with that. :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

“What alpha 3 will bring is it will run in parallel with alpha 2 but it will effectively be a decentralized routing network. What that means is it will be one for more technical people to run, and it will enable data to be passed around a network where anyone can contribute their resources to it but it will not facilitate data storage. So it’ll be a command line app, which is probably why it’ll suit technical people more because there’ll be no user interface for it, and they will contribute their resources to enable messages to be passed around the network. So secure messaging would be a use-case for that.

From the Tech Crunch article.

5 Likes

I’d love to see that in graphic form, with all those shitcoin logos being torn apart by the Parsec wave…would be very provocative :smile:

6 Likes

Alpha 3 this week, any idea?

1 Like

Haha never! This will take some time… Would be to good to be true

1 Like

Someone said beta would be around 20 months. My mantra is now 20 months, rama rama. 20 months, krishna krishna, 20 months rama rama, 20 months krishna krishna…

5 Likes

i think there is still some stuff to be implemented and then tested, I guess at earlierst next week thursday

1 Like

I am expecting earlier than that. As per Nick, team has about 24 months of capital at current burn rate. This news is 1 months old i.e. before news of PARSEC which expected to speed up the process. Still, leaving it all aside, the team is expecting to be revenue generating within that time frame. Now the team can’t really generate any revenue in beta, and the network would be beta for a long time for testing and cracking. Even the current updates are indicating that alpha 3 is almost, say 90%, done and alpha 4 is partly, say 50%, done. Conclusion, expect beta within a year.

9 Likes

My guess is that a testnet will come out before alpha 3

Too much work going on for alpha 3 this week.

5 Likes

I see with my crystal ball that the testing for testnet have now begun , but suprisingly david is drinking coffe and solving sudoku in the kitchen area …

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint, Alpha-3 is certainly not 90% done(we need to clarify these dev updates if it seems to indicate 90% :slight_smile:) . PARSEC and work there should make iterations a lot more efficient in terms of test networks and eventual consistency issues and patches. I’d expect Alpha-3 to be 90% done when we have testnets running for the same if anything. While the majority of the hard part with the base algorithm is behind us, the mechanical impl work itself is also spread across three milestones scaling the algorithm to get integrated with routing and we’re working on the first of those milestones right now while theory for the second is getting documented in parallel. So there is a bit of work to do to get to 90%

33 Likes

So doest this mean that the next step - alpha 4 will be introduced much earlier/faster thanks to the PARSEC impl

1 Like

yes and you can say that about almost everything in the network as to “should be quicker to implement and take to production” because of this change set than without it. If that qualifies as “quicker” or “much quicker” no clue. “how much quicker” would depend on the feature and its dependency on consistency between the nodes.

11 Likes

Ouch :man_shrugging:t3:(20 chara)

Thanks for setting some realistic expectations. I think a few people were getting a little over optimistic and that always leads to disappointment!

14 Likes

Initially, when I started investing in Maidsafe I mean, I had expectation that this network would need another 4-5 years atleast to be finished. But as the time is passing by that duration is getting shortened. I would be fine even if the final network launches in 2022. The main point is not fast work but perfect work for this kind of matters.

And thanks for the update Viv.

5 Likes

1 Like

No no no…it’s about big fat gainZZ, lambo’s, moons and all that jazz…didn’t you get the memo?

8 Likes