Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Pretty brilliant idea there actually.

Would be so amazing to see these long-awaited parts actually working in the real world.

:point_up_2: This is always the case :+1: always count on that

Keeps us on the edge of our seat.

3 Likes

Not really because it will only delay alpha 3 and 4 longer still.

That module has not even been started yet. Lets get the network actually tested before introducing a brand new module that has to go through new-rfc–>developement–>coding–>testing cycle. More than a month delays it would cause. Maybe a lot more.

6 Likes

At the end of the comment he said “vaults with test safecoin should secure the whole thing (alpha 4).”

4 Likes

I knew I’d seen that somewhere!

1 Like

Hmm… so what is a ‘routing only network’ (Alpha 3)? What data will be used to test it?

Definitely exciting that test Safecoin is likely to be planned for Alpha 4 integration though!

I think it means people from home get to play, but their vaults will not store any data, just help with routing scale up / testing.

7 Likes

Keeping all these points aside, when do you think the team would announce a3 and a4? I think work on crust is done, right?

Does when matter anymore? (Not to step on your toes.) I feel like time has finally slowed down again that every week should have something substantially important. It’s already felt like a week since the PARSEC announcement… I mean obviously it literally has been a week, but it actually feels like a week, not “5 seconds.” So basically, to answer your question, tomorrow :smiley: Kidding, but it will feel like tomorrow compared to the 3 years R&D has been seen/seemingly dragging (because that is R&D’s nature… and is still present, but much less so). With simultaneous public interaction, too, that dragging feeling will be even more in the background.

1 Like

I’ve not even been a member of the forum for 1 year.
From my perspective it’s FAST! I joined when it was alpha 1, now it’s alpha , 2… It could be, that I get to see 3! Alphas, maybe 4 if very lucky, in the space of 12 months.

If they launch beta by June 13th… I’ll fall of my seat.

It is fast. I’m very happy with the progress.

1 Like

I know the progress is faster now but cant control myself as the time is passing by. I just want to play with the network and save all my data to get them on the go.

11 Likes

Interesting. Vlad doesn’t seem impressed. This oughta be fun…

5 Likes

I’m sure he gets this kind of stuff stuck under his nose all the time but he is overly dismissive. It is a great achievement for the movement otherwise it would have already been done in an open source manner and not worth protecting via a patent for Hashgraph. Besides, even with sharding, Blockchain just isn’t fit for what we all want to do with it. So in comparison with what Casper is supposed to achieve (make Blockchain more viable) then I guess yeah it’d be a way bigger achievement than PARSEC :joy::roll_eyes: /sarcasm

5 Likes

Yeah…I figured. That’s why I hope that he’ll dig a little deeper now.

So far…the criticism on PARSEC has been ill founded. (Mostly based on wording and misinterpretation.) Which could also be a good thing of course. I’d love to see an in-depth debate though.

3 Likes

Okay! I want to make a absolutely unfounded and wildly speculative prediction! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::scream_cat:

@dirvine obviously did some thinking about what will be part of alpha 4 and what not - could be just the regular thinking some of us (not me usually) do from time to time
Buuuuuut… :tada: could be there’s a reason why it’s on his mind too!
I think they might release the new website with a Roadmap (maybe even some hints on time-line? xD) tomorrow! :confetti_ball:

(no pressure though ; )

2 Likes

You are right. Well that is the first time that has been mention or suggested by team. We will see if its a brain fart or actuality happens :smile:

EDIT: I have been pointed to this response. So my argument above of storage space SPAM still stands

Back-peddling has begun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tired_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

I’d say it will be like alpha 2 where we store data on their vaults, but we have nodes that have the vault nobbled.

I predict that, based on this industry’s lack of trust and shallowness, that we will see little rigorous examination of PARSEC until either SAFE is running and/or someone who has the experience outside of SAFE actually goes against the trend and examines it.

The basic mistrust and competitiveness and fear their favourite coin might drop in price will work against even considering the PARSEC as a worthy piece of work.

After SAFE has been using it in beta or live then the interest will become real.

^^^^^ My opinion of course and will welcome being wrong

10 Likes

I think you are right. Like I’ve analogized before, the PARSEC announcement is like the silent earthquake hidden under water, which will hit like a tsunami, when people on the crypto beach are least expecting it. At that point it will be too late to run. Some will float and swim with it, others will be tumbled and crushed. Nothing can stop a tsunami. Yet we tried to warn them!

13 Likes

But the smart people can see the first signs of the coming zunami when the money starts to slowly but surely leave their favourite project.