Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

You’re forgetting the timeless song “Root 66”, it was never pronounced “Rowt 66”.

I fully support “rooting” rather than “rowting” - which is a damnable American invention!

(& @David_MacGregor) I don’t know if you’re making a joke, but if you’re not I’d suggest that a song doesn’t authoritatively prescribe the pronounciation of a word by a country. :stuck_out_tongue: In USA english, the “root” pronounciation of “route” is lazy and akin to slang. That said, I recognize pronounciation may differ in other variants of english.

Yes that is and its not the way to say routing either.
I hope you know I am making fun or am I

It gets even better/worse since we (Mainers) typically say “route” when talking about a physical path or noun, like “root 66” just as dirvine suggested. However, when referring to a verb or action its “routing” like “r-outing”. :wink:

:grin: excited, will we be getting a special update this week, 4 years since the ICO!

Question for 100 points - is the coin protocol issue solved?

I think they’ve probably made progress but not yet solved it. Maidsafe really hashes things out and weighs their options to make sure things are truly secure and decentralized but we’ll know more soon won’t we!?

How does it happen that this topic is only shown on ‘latest’ when I’m not logged in Oo

But can’t wait to hear what’s going on behind the scenes too!

ps: okay - and after davids comment i really can’t wait to hear what they found out about the common coin/magic coin challenges :scream: i’ll get some coffee to cool down a bit

Anyone else feel that each Thursday now feels like Christmas morning?

Used to :cry:

Definitely remember that feeling tho

Yup, agreed…:smile:

I’m really looking forward to hearing more about the SAFE Academy. I feel like this could be a great gateway for beginners and therefore could be a great starting point for the Meetups.

As @19eddyjohn75 stated somewhere else:

Silly fantasy or not, I do believe that you’re hitting the nail on the head. Let’s not wait for devs to come on board, let’s create the devs ourselves. :slight_smile: And let’s start with the Meetups.

A meetup with presentations and to discuss the network with people that already know the network is great and all, but if you label a meetup ‘Academy’ and make part (most) of it a hands-on workshop to create content on the Alpha-network for newcomers and students, that would be a big step forward IMO.

I swear we will see first test net today :smiley: What do you guys think?

That would be awesome but I’m thinking we’ll be getting more of an update on what is currently being worked out regarding the concrete coin/BFT stuff, which is still very exciting! Maidsafe take some of the most cutting edge, novel, and also time tested technologies, on top of their own designs and engineer it all into a Swiss Army knife of freedom. How could we not be excited about that?!

Nice. I will be quoting this.

A single iconic song changes everything… Pronunciations included.

i hope @Nastypasty is right xD :smiley:

For herd animals, perhaps.

What’s this?? Announcements back to Tuesdays again :grin:.
Really excited to learn more about this one!

First we had Crust (connections from one node to the other on IP-level) and it now seems Routing is “done”. That means secure and well tested group consensus on everything that needs groups consensus. Like forming groups, looking after a piece of data etc. On these 2 modules (Crust and Routing) you can build the rest of The SAFE Network…

Just a bit of speculation though… Maybe they worked on a MaidSafe Hyperloop, who knows!

source: link

Ducks. The new ants.

When the hard works done and its going swimmingly :rofl: