Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

What… I thought today was, definitely maybe!

6 Likes

I really do hope @maidsafe are running routing soak tests and introducing new scenarios while mutable data and data chains are being refined. It would suck and be an inefficient use of time if they just assumed routing is good enough to then have it be the reason we’re yet again without a fairly long lived testnet.

PLEASE let it be anything but routing that sets us back. :weary: We should be far past that. Bugs and edge case issues are understandable but if routing has been left neglected in all this time It’ll be very disappointing. Announcing a bug having been the case would be a pain as it MIGHT have been caught prior.

P.S. How is data chain work going? Any interesting info?

1 Like

They could just keep resetting data when the network fills. Annoy, yes. Helpful for developers still? Also, yes. It is a bit of a void with nothing and doesn’t help to gift confidence on the project, IMO.

3 Likes

I think he’s using reverse psychology :smile:

1 Like

100% agree. There is far more to gain by getting what is now available out into the wild and letting anybody play that wants to play. Set some rules and strict guidelines on how things will happen. Pique the interest of developers.

I’m going out on a limb:

• next week 25%
  • week after 50%
  • week after 20%
  • later 5%
3 Likes

You should open a book (no insider trading mind… :wink:)
20 MAID on 2 weeks at 3 to 1?

2 Likes

I’ll wait for the app! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hopefully we will be getting TestNet 17 for the masses tonight.:grinning:

2 Likes

Are you kidding as?!

Test 17 is already released to key members. Once the team are happy with it we will see open release for us all to have a play, Its a more efficient way of filtering feedback.

2 Likes

Now it is possible to see that the team is still not too happy)

Such feeling as in the childhood when mother makes a lunch, and you spin in legs and you chirps: “It is ready? And now?!. and now?”))

We wait with hope and we eat nails!

5 Likes

There are still a few more bugs to sort through. They seem somewhat minor though. I expect test 17 sometime within the next week. Likely before next thursday if no serious bugs are discovered. Here’s to hoping :beers:

6 Likes

I suspect that next test network is imminent because all major Maidsafe crates have been given a brand-new version number.

7 Likes

They seem to be trying to add the rate limiter and all the security to prevent spamming of the network.

2 Likes

I probably even miss one or two but here they are:

Authenticator arrived at version 0.1.0

SAFE Core arrived at version 0.24.0

SAFE Vault arrived at version 0.15.0

Routing arrived at version 0.31.0

crust arrived at version 0.27.0

16 Likes

Multiple email ID support incoming! I have to say I really like how maidsafe is being so receptive and acting on the community feedback and this is a great way to roll things out. The PR’s are rolling in, I just hope that one of them ends up being User Interfacing terminology being drastically simplified :grin:

11 Likes

I think 1 of the commits fixes the issue where creating email id first prevents it from being used as a public id.
Not sure though, did you see what I’m talking about… (4 hours ago)

1 Like

This one? MAID-2103 Handle IPC issues by shankar2105 · Pull Request #36 · maidsafe-archive/beaker-plugin-safe-app · GitHub

this one, MAID-2111 feat/Support multiple email ids by bochaco · Pull Request #203 · maidsafe-archive/safe_examples · GitHub
But I am no coder, I see fix and email and guess my way to an conclusion… hence I ask. probably way off course :grin:

2 Likes