Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

From proposed to active to implemented. We’ll see data chains soon I think, very exciting

3 Likes

Random: My 40GB OneDrive space will be cut down to 15GB at the end of this week…I couldn’t be happier if I get the SAFE network storage this year so I can completely dump them :sunny:

10 Likes

When is the next update ?

In about 24 hours normally. I’ve heard of no delays, anybody else hear anything?

Nope, should be good for tomorrow. A bunch of new code on GitHub over the last week. So maybe some updates to Launcher and Demo App.

3 Likes

I was pretty exciting opening my email this morning and seeing all the Github email notifications. Crappy part is I was busy at work all day and still not had time to go over them properly.

1 Like

Read my comment @ reddit

I very worried about ever lasting developing phase … release ? no … let’s add extra feature , now ? no … let’s insert more , it can go on and on , mvp should be simple basic functionality after that you can make the supporters happy with new features . make the basic wheels works release the train then be worried if the seats are from leather .

If you followed the Github you’d not be so fearful.

4 Likes

I think a lot of people wonder when we see what. But to me the choices made are logical.

• New RFC makes the groups for routing way simpeler. So a smart refactor IMO.
  • Datachain is really needed I think, it has to do with data integrity. You want your data safe and secure, even if you didn’t request it for years. Datachain will help with that. And is easier to implement when new RFC is active.

Both new ideas won’t take months to implement, and they make the network way better IMO. Until they’re active we keep testing, providing great data to the devs. So I’m not worried.

19 Likes

I’ve been watching the data chains repo since @polpolrene posted about it and David has been busting butt to get it done before alpha, so @macdasi just look at github repos and you’ll see. Things are basically right on track

8 Likes

This is basically what they are doing now. The regular test nets are releases in the broader sense of the term. It is clear that development is focussing on core network issues (as it should, for a MVP), which must be resolved before any alpha release can be considered.

8 Likes

Another external dev jumps in to help??

16 Likes

Launcher:

Examples:

Routing quite some activity last weeks:

And I probably missed some other stuff as well :yum:.

7 Likes

Cancel upload. Nice :relaxed:

5 Likes

A lot of fixes that ought to make the launcher experience much smoother! Glad we’re able to help provide feedback and have the team be so receptive and expedient, yet thorough.

3 Likes

Welcome, @andrebeat !

Thanks for helping with our project and joining the discussions!

3 Likes

Self Encryption at version 0.6.0

Safe Network Common at version 0.6.0

Routing at version 0.25.0

Vault updated to version 0.10.5

Safe Core at version 0.18.0

Demo App at version 0.5.0

12 Likes

Launcher at version 0.7.1

Demo App at version 0.5.1

3 Likes

Is there going to be a Testnet 7.5 in the next day or so?

1 Like