Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Sorry my bad english shows through again. It was meant to be what you said && the rise of creators. Not that you said that. And it was the style of N99 not actually N99 but the creators rising up to take control of their works again.

2 Likes

So is test 5 up yet or not? I notice the changes in the demo app and launcher have been posted. Does that mean we’re ready to roll yet?

Not yet, couple of niggles, no biggie. Should be OK for tomorrow all going well.

9 Likes

Google, Netflix, and the current giants are the old guard. I care not which of the old guard will use the Safenetwork, but instead I wonder what new giants will rise out of this new technology.

4 Likes

And the Gods rose and killed their fathers the Titans…

2 Likes

Exactly. New giants we can’t even imagine now, just as we couldn’t imagine Netflix and Facebook and Skype at the start of the Internet. I think there’s always a tendency towards “horseless carriage” thinking, but what really excites me are the projects that will grow out of the SAFE Network that were only possible because of the SAFE Network.

5 Likes

fix/file_stream: Resolve file upload error #76

Seems we’re waiting for this pull request to fix some stuff… :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Routing updated to version 0.23.2

6 Likes

New releases up in the last half hour for safe_vault and launcher. That probably means that Testnet5 is imminent.

5 Likes

You beat me with several seconds :wink:

Launcher at version 0.5.1

Vault at version 0.10.1

Safe core at version 0.16.1

Demo App at version 0.3.1

5 Likes

So a new release (or tag) must appear for demo app (but hasn’t yet) for Testnet5 to go ahead.

2 Likes

LINK

5 Likes

Disclaimer: I don’t know what I’m talking about here … but would that exclude users in a virtual environment that don’t have access to /usr/bin - I wonder university students wouldn’t be able to put what resources they have in their account to good use, where they are limited to their userspace. I see the advantage of being able to know of multiple vaults if they are all looking to the same location but can it be more flexible so that it could be put to /usr/local/bin for example?

1 Like

a ‘Can file be created in user dir?’, but no ‘Can user dir be created?’.
It could be correct if creating the directory should always work, but not the file.

Will tomorrow still see the update, despite the holiday today?

2 Likes

No holiday here, always an update :wink:

16 Likes

Our Independence Day is yet to come - rest assured we WILL be having a holiday on that anniversary each year.
However, thanks to the ill-informed Daily Mail readers who voted for the UK Independence Day 10 days ago, our own Independence Day in Scotland just got an awful lot closer :slight_smile:

Thanks Nige :+1:

5 Likes

does it will be a TEST 6 today?

1 Like

“Remove artificial network failure”

// Remove artificial network failure
         unwrap!(client.lock()).set_network_limits(None);

Euhmmmmm, okay… anybody a clue what this is about? Seems there was a switch to make the network fail. Or was it something else??

3 Likes

I saw that error message because I was curious if www.safenet was possible, someone suggesting that in a mistype. Beyond that, I’ve no idea what that above was doing.