Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

As long as you bring your own batteries, lube and condoms.

6 Likes

:joy: wow remind me to never stay over at yours :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Awwww - You’re no fun, big boy…

4 Likes

And there was me about to let you sit on the agogometer…
On a Thursday afternoon and all…

3 Likes

We need a release, urgently. No not that kind!

3 Likes

Can’t believe you’ve stooped to his level @Josh :joy:

2 Likes

I think he’ll need to get a lot lower than that…

How low will you go?
How about a daschhund?

4 Likes

Of course if you dont want the agogometer, there is always Sammy Snake

1 Like

Haven’t you got a shed roof to repair or some welding that needs doing?

1 Like

Well now I have a garage instead of an indoor paddling pool, I can get on with that kinda stuff.
Meantime the dark mysterious bit between the garage and next doors garage is getting de-rhodedendroned and I have discovered enough room to put all my tyre collection. Never realised I was such a major landowner.

Gotta go now, booked into the dump for 4.30 with much vegetation

2 Likes

The latest build is very fast at first glance. 1.2Gb of videos stored in under 2 mins

time safe files put -r ~/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/
FilesContainer created at: "safe://hyryyryor33cxpqazd8u73yapwinx78jrunspacdkh784odnux5ohpdpimynra?v=hjz3f49fhq4tkyr199fmpabtmw6sga1ea7y6hk3ia74xpegqprkjo"
+---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| + | /home/willie/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/nigella.bites.s01e01.fast.food.ukn.avi    | safe://hy8ayyyc9c5ue9ducra9uk71rir7e5mq4wom71urm1syu87p7zoc9rr4wue |
|---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| + | /home/willie/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/nigella.bites.s01e02.entertaining.ukn.avi | safe://hy8ayyyk863n1u59aw5r8gui7owgt7x6tyxfq9t4u8rmbazokqt7uwof96h |
|---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------|
| + | /home/willie/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/nigella.bites.s01e03.family.food.ukn.avi  | safe://hy8ayyyj1fh1y3bnxo36p16eyzigo46o6fbphopfmhhqa3ftmxgf4itkzyc |
| + | /home/willie/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/nigella.bites.s01e04.home.alone.ukn.avi   | safe://hy8ayyyc6prhx9jrriz3kswht4irzrijty7y6zq79bi64ztuactcncniwfh |
| + | /home/willie/Videos/cooking/nigella/bites/nigella.bites.s01e05.weekend.ukn.avi      | safe://hy8ayyypw74iu9xhog8yk67ku8kp3zrp8kffkfqyfyqtfckesbbpe7met8a |
+---+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

real	1m55.088s
user	1m56.573s
sys	0m22.002s

It certainly makes my fans spin though, check the load avg

I’ll see where the limit is with larger single files

EDIT looks like < 701Mb

willie@gagarin:~/projects/maidsafe/safe_network$ time safe files put  ~/Videos/League_Of_Gentlemen_Xmas_Special_2000_DVDRip_XviD.avi 
FilesContainer created at: "safe://hyryyrytccf9edubra1m7cn9y57sf65x1jbbgca9k7p73adwdiszkbgunzwnra?v=hnrijhg7qx435iejzzjm1i5oc3qgw3s3b36ej9r7wwe8nmgxjnfey"
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| E | /home/willie/Videos/League_Of_Gentlemen_Xmas_Special_2000_DVDRip_XviD.avi | <ClientError: Timeout when awaiting command ACK from Elders for data address 5b26e8..> |
+---+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

real	1m0.788s
user	0m48.374s
sys	0m6.393s
15 Likes

I’ve wanted to mention this before since I’ve seen it commented now and then. Not necessarily directly a comment to you @Southside, but related :slight_smile:

(Note that there may of course be other sources of high CPU use in addition the the below mentioned.)

So wrt high CPU usage when uploading a file, that is because of self_encryption, which is highly optimized to use all available cores to as fast as possible self encrypt the data.

That results in up to 100% use over all cores.

Any less would mean we weren’t using the available CPU efficiently and result in slower self encryption.

So it’s supposed to work like this, to make use of the available resources and make the self encryption as fast as possible.

22 Likes

… and self encryption only affects the client which keeps the nodes of the network doing as little of that work as possible.

11 Likes