Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Hoping all the team are okay and nothing has happened as its 18:30? :frowning:

2 Likes

Lol pre typed post that’s always a time saver yaa big cheat

3 Likes

You need every advantage ou there when you are trying to cook the dinner and get first post at the same time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know your own tricks best :joy:

3 Likes

Takes one to catch one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The agogometer requires lubrication to give best results so I’m taking it to the pub.

I hope to give accurate readings in a wee while.
Hopefully @neik will be there to assist in these scientific measurement procedures

7 Likes

Merges seen to be ticking along nicely in multiple areas lately :clap:

12 Likes

Looking good

4 Likes

We have a genesis DBC!! :partying_face:

30 Likes

Membership is closed

21 Likes

Two presents on one day wow!

7 Likes

I don’t understand, how is this good news? I thought only merges count. What’s the thing I’m not getting?

1 Like

you’re not missing anything. :smiley:

That PR was an earlier attempt. It was cleaned up was all here. Now we’ve gotten the vast majority of the single-thread/lock removal refactor in this will be picked up again.

19 Likes

Gotta say I’m very excited for tomorrow’s update. Massive amount of work merged in the last week!
I’m not familiar with all lingo, but from what I understand a lot of bugs have been fixed, and maybe more interesting, big steps have been made toward a more efficient and faster network! :tada:

Now let’s hope that the sled removal had also had some progress, if so we will be in for a nice suprise (testnet soon?) :nerd_face:

17 Likes

Should make the testnet more stable?

10 Likes

Agogometer at fairly steady 7.83

Looking forward to further explanation of recent code improvements and perhaps something we can test in the community over the weekend.

wee snippet from the latest git pull

sn_node/src/node/messaging/service_msgs.rs          |  32 +++++++++----------
 sn_node/src/node/messaging/system_msgs.rs           | 105 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------------
 sn_node/src/node/mod.rs                             |  98 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------
 sn_node/src/node/node_api/dispatcher.rs             |  20 ++++++------
 sn_node/src/node/node_api/flow_ctrl/mod.rs          |  12 +++-----
 sn_node/src/node/node_api/mod.rs                    |   8 ++---
 sn_node/src/node/node_api/tests/mod.rs              |  66 ++++++++++++++++++----------------------
 sn_node/src/node/relocation.rs                      |   3 +-
 testnet/bin.rs                                      |   2 +-
 66 files changed, 1290 insertions(+), 1298 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 sn_client/src/bin/query-adult/main.rs

@chriso seemed fairly happy with our testing of the DBCs last week, be good if we can repeat that with more participants and the latest code.

@josh you still travelling? Hopefully we can get something up without you if so.

10 Likes

Sharpening focus: :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

That would be good.

@bochaco Now that we have the genesis DBC in the network, how do we start the initial reissuing in a comnet?

5 Likes

Unless I misunderstand you, we can still do the same as last comnet, @Josh was sharing the genesis DBC with a xorurl and anyone was able to deposit/reissue from it (for now that double-spent prevention is not in place yet).

3 Likes

Ah, was that feature already in for the last comnet? Sorry, I thought it was new.

4 Likes