Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

@jlpell Guess I’m most curious what it’s purpose is.
Seeing it separated out and such.

As it is in the code we have that kind of verbiage in the code with things like section chains which are what evolved from data chains I believe but this one is new and I know there are some things coming along and wasn’t sure if perhaps it was related…

Edit: Upon further inspection, I suspect it may be related to this refactor(routing): unified network knowledge for updating SAPs and section chain (Section->NetworkKnowledge name change) by bochaco · Pull Request #673 · maidsafe/safe_network · GitHub
To update Section Authority Providers and Section Chain in a cleaner fashion. Still neato if true. Just fun seeing new things develop and to follow along.

4 Likes

Yes that’s it @Nigel it’s all lingo from data chains and now the Section Chain. So SectionChain is a linked list where a key is signed by the previous key. We don’t identify who made up that key except in the current block and that is where we link the SAP (Section Authority Provider).

The SAP tells us the members of the group (Elders) plus their key and this section key part as well as identifying the prefix (as the section keys are not related to prefix and require a mapping). This SAP is signed by the previous key.

8 Likes

Would be interested to know beyond SafeId for the individual, what might become possible for groups shared access to data. I don’t know, if that’s a matter of iterating a shared password on each change and whether there are simple options for this. I don’t know then if necessarily a member retains access to what they had access to, in the event they fall outside that group later, or whether this is less fundamental and more a layer on top managing this.
I’m just speculating without getting traction to be sure of atm… so, I don’t know if one option is some mutable list of members and individual knocks the door that is the list and is granted access or not. :thinking:

Nice, of course :ok_hand:

I mean, did you guys get a stable internal network with 11 nodes.?

I think I seen tests revolving around 45 nodes in GH recently :grin:

2 Likes

Getting that Thursday feeling again who knows what we are going to find out tomorrow. :slight_smile:
I used to measure time passing by Saturday Nights now it’s Thursday afternoons that are my peak of the week.

3 Likes

Yep.

With so much Github action, it does seem like something big is on the horizon.

But it’s impossible to know :joy::joy:

2 Likes

GitHub going quiet is a more likely sign of a new testnet I think.

10 Likes

Yea it’s when it goes quiet get exited

5 Likes

Not excited now so :grimacing::joy:

3 Likes

All progress is exciting but playing with a Testnet is hard to beat!

6 Likes

Maybe 1st quarter 2022

I am going away for a few days and it seems every time I have there is a testnet appearing.

Will it happen this time?

7 Likes

21 Likes

Any one good with gimp and can replace the harp with the safe logo?

3 Likes
12 Likes

haha, yous are fast. @chriso is diving about testing and dekinking the new release process the now. So you may see some versions come and go. Don’t panic!

17 Likes

Panic? When have you ever seen the good folk of this forum panicking?! Nothing but cool heads, unhurried hands and reasoned discussion around here these days :innocent:

6 Likes

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It was a complete sentence discourse

3 Likes

Bump!!!

I’m looking forward to more explanations from @JimCollinson and some bug-squashing reports.
Agogometer is around 6.8

First release in 21 days…time for a community test-net? :wink: :wink: @Josh

6 Likes