Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

I’m liking the above purely because use of xkcd.com graphics is always to be commended :slight_smile:

Yaay for Randall!!!

Yeah, sure.

Good luck with that.

2 Likes

I love the smell of Safe Network in the morning…

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/update-30-september-2021/35595/51?u=happybeing

13 Likes

Processes, which relies on luck, are not reliable.
It is better to gather more data and analyze it more thoroughly.

Thanks for sharing it.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am aware of the roadmap, I’m just looking for a more in-depth list of features to be created.
Think of it as a list of stops on a long car ride; instead of needing to ask ‘are we there yet’ we can see the next stops, which makes the wait easier to digest.

But if this is not something to be shared for whatever reason, fair enough, then we will all just silently wait in anguish until ‘we are there’ :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, patience is one of the things MaidSafe teach us! It helps if we can do so though, because it might not seem much to publish a list of tasks beforehand, it involves quite a lot of effort that takes resources MaidSafe don’t have to spare. I’d love to see this too, but I’d rather prioritise letting the developers get on in the way that’s most efficient for them.

Partly creating and maintaining a list, partly communicating it, but then explaining it. Then as it is revised, things added or removed as well as completed this can become a never ending task for somebody.

10 Likes

Hmm that makes sense.
continues to wait in anguish :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

We are all in that team :wink:

10 Likes

Can someone explain what’s happening with qp2p and the dropping of ConnectionPool? Sounds like not an easy change and with lots of ramifications…why was that necessary?

From dev update a couple weeks ago:

5 Likes

I see word “refactor” :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, we refactor something to fix every bug :wink: The connection pool is causing issues and is extra code that makes assumptions that it should not. The fix is to have each connection handle its own lifespan and not have a thing in the middle. I would hope to see the end of connection lost being as frequent and unexpected with this, or at least show us where and exactly why it happens, allowing that code flow to consider retry etc.

19 Likes

61 posts were split to a new topic: Spentbook

bump!!!
The agogometer is not readily available to me at this time but I can imagine it trembling gently in its lead-lined case in the desk drawer at home.

4 Likes

Got that Thursday feeling

4 Likes

Any bugs squashed this week? :thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

Every day of every week for last 4 months :smiley:

17 Likes

Lot of mentions of blocks, and chains… interestingggg

Not so sure what it is though really.

6 Likes

Its a linked list datastructure.

3 Likes