Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe_network/commit/0b40d9e0138fe4df3d02dc8977336008e51bb94a

5 Likes

did we just get raspberry support ?

8 Likes

I think it’s in the mail.

1 Like

watching those release number spinning ever higher and now this little treat it feels like the Network is going to be unleashed upon the world sooner than any one realises.

8 Likes

I dont have my hopes up for sooner, because we need to make it really nice and powerful to have a release! “sooner is better” is not the go to in large visions

1 Like

ARM builds will be nice, oracle cloud offer 4 core, 24GB ram, 10TB bandwidth, 200GB block volume, ARM vms in their “always free tier” :sunglasses:

8 Likes

sooner is pretty subjective and in the case of Safe it depends how long you have been following the project and how patient you have become 12 - 24 months is still soon to me.

or my wife is right and I’m a member of a cult on the internet about a Safe. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

true, we had testnets before and people would go “wow so fast” and here we are with more testnets and people again “wow so fast”

just drop it, when SN is ready it will be ready no need to try to hype where we still are far away just because we played with some testnets

Sorry ill try not to get exited and post anything positive in future. :frowning:
am I still allowed to participate in test nets or am I too excitable ?

5 Likes

Far far too excitable - Report to Bridge St subway for a chill pill

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one accused of being in a cult :joy:

3 Likes

I just want people to understand that its a work in progress, there is no mainnet in the horizon.

sorry if you feel bad with what I say…

am I still allowed to participate in test nets or am I too excitable ?

thats the other side of logic, please dont be childish…

i reckon it is a matter of maturity in someone to stay between the limits of healthy behavior

1 Like

I’m at sea right now but might take you up that when I get back if it involves the Laurieston :wink:

1 Like

We may need to wait until they get a beer garden. Son#1 who is usually my font of knowledge for all things Lauriston is also at sea.

Well sort of - he’s on the Ninian Central till Monday…

all the fine people that are part of this forum and reading this are fully aware of the state of play and have been here through thick and thin and a touch of positivity is not going to give anyone false expectations.

@Southside
Ninian Central iv always managed to avoid rigs but unfortunately the trips are longer on ships ill be onboard till mid August. :frowning:

2 Likes

Your beer will get flat - but I won’t let that happen, pal… You can thank me later :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are going to have to get your hearing looked at Scott…

Must be all the background noise from London distorting my hearing :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry?? I was pouring a Peroni.

Celebrating with a peroni? You’ll be on the Pimms next :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes