Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Quick @Josh call it for tomorrow :wink:

3 Likes

You are a bad man, @scottefc86, a very bad man indeed :grin:

2 Likes

PITTA . . .

2 Likes

It’s just a Liverpudlian thing, or is Mancunian?
Not sure thers is a big difference :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Careful or you will be a candidate for either a good kicking or remedial spelling lessons

3 Likes

Probably both.

3 Likes

NAT issues have caused so many bloody noses over the years for SAFE. Part of me wants to just bale on the whole thing and force node operators to learn how to forward a bloody port, just like so many other projects do. This would mean some sort of onboarding script that picks a random number, writes it into the config file, and then tells the user to open that port in their router, so we could still have unpredictable ports.

8 Likes

or use ipv6? just learned it doesnt have NAT

3 Likes

I’m still scared of IPV6. I now always disable it in my routers, after reading how so many devices have IPV6 vulnerabilities. I have a lot of random junk on my network, and don’t want to worry about what vulnerability each thing has.

4 Likes

Yikes! How big an issue is it?

But sounds like everything else is on track. Team flying high :airplane::airplane::+1::+1: keep it going :blush:

4 Likes

Coming from you I’ll take that as a compliment :joy:

6 Likes

What are IPV6 vulnerabilities, can you explain in short why?
So tired of the IPV4 shortage of addresses an IP’s CGNAT.

My money is still on next week. And next week, I may have to cover that with money on the week after. But coming soon

1 Like

The smartest person I knew in college couldn’t spell worth a lik.

3 Likes

@Traktion Is saying that these people while reading skip over spelling mistakes because their minds fix the errors before consciously seeing them

1 Like

12 Likes

Yes, but often the mistakes are made in haste, but then difficult to spot when you read it back (as your mind fixes them). I’m always editing my posts after I submit them and then spot a typo or some such. Spotting bad uses of the right sounding, but wrong spelling, of a word is even harder. To me at least anyway! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

here here, these are teh difficult wons to spot

Reluctantly dragging this back on topic - who would prefer a testnet today even if we have to manually configure ports?

With the proviso that work on the IGD issue continues in the expectation of a fix sometime next week.

2 Likes

Which is why proofreaders were in high demand prior to wordprocessing spell checkers, but really still should be considering the poor quality of some papers.

2 Likes