Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

We never left that zone.

5 Likes

May that show that you need a beefy machine to upload and running a vault? Or is it just that you have 11 nodes running and uploading all at once?

1 Like

“Piquing” my interest . . .

4 Likes

I am just running the standard baby-fleming with 11 nodes. Its an i7 with 16Gb of RAM so it should be Ok

1 Like

The language decay now is so pervasive that I’ve just given up… The newspapers are populated by kids who can’t even write - and they are supposed to be journalists! :tired_face:

OTOH, this is what every old geezer has thought since the invention of language… :joy:

:man_shrugging:

(just a note: I find myself thinking both of the above at the same time…)

12 Likes

Not only them - I have been disappointed for decades that sci-tech people (smarter than average?) seem to be just as bad / even worse? - which is more unforgiveable from my POV . .

just like literally chill guys srsly

12 Likes

Don’t you see the joke? :joy:

1 Like

Bummer I’m part of the decay :persevere:
I’ve actually never seen the phrase written out, only spoken. It’s interesting how the definition of “pique” changes between a noun and a verb.

I used to have a problem with incite and insight :man_facepalming:
But after finally figuring it out I began correcting myself.

Maybe there isn’t as much emphasis on pros these days since there are so many more ways of expressing ourselves, our ideas etc. everything gets abstracted.

4 Likes

Or maybe take the opportunity to have a go at our American cousins?

1 Like

Looks like without a test net we are turning on each other :frowning:

5 Likes

Testnets for world peace!

12 Likes

Let the next test net be named, “Nigel’s bad grammar”.

6 Likes

Everyone is, that’s the point of what I wrote. There would be no language evolution without it.
What do you think language sounded like 50 years ago, 100, 1000 years ago?
None of them were more correct…

Seems, my point didn’t reach all the way to everyone though :slight_smile:

(let me just add for clarity that I called myself an old geezer for being annoyed at spelling :smiley: and it’s okay to be annoyed, or not, world goes on and the language too and it will never care :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Just joining in the banter! :smiley:

3 Likes

Actually I was thinking, maybe that one was a trick comment, “just literally chill”, would that mean chill about literals…? :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Literary chill

1 Like

Ohhh pique off I thought we had something exciting then with all the comments in this topic :joy:

7 Likes

Today is the day!
(Or I’ll delete this post later) :grin:

5 Likes

It’s not like your ever wrong is it :crazy_face:

3 Likes