Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Did you ever get index.json to work? I am making no progress on that front.

Yes it worked fine
I should have some time later and will show my working - but it just works if you add the part after safe:// to http://localhost:8080/blog

2 Likes

It feels really close now! :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I don’t want to jinx it but ill put a fiver on today :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The Runes of github are definitely converging on goodness. I’m gonna say definitely not today but 75% tomorrow, so if it is today I still ‘win’.

No :chicken: was harmed in the creation of this reply.

11 Likes

Speaking of oracle… @StephenC what are the odds ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He’s been awfully quiet. I think he is too busy to post. <== A Good Thing

3 Likes

Definitely jinxed it :joy:

6 Likes

There’s definitely a chance!
We’ve been testing all day and there are a couple of bugs which we’ll be trying to fix tomorrow. Hopefully that all goes well and we’re on for later tomorrow. Usual disclaimers apply!

55 Likes

Getting really excited now waiting for the next update :bowing_man:
Are we just one hour away from witnessing magic?

3 Likes

F5 button is worn out on my keyboard!!

4 Likes

Touch and go for today at the moment folks, there’s a sneaky bug where we’ve seen the testnet hang and become unresponsive at seemingly random commands. We’ve got an idea of what’s causing it and are attempting a fix. Will let you know how that goes.

25 Likes

But even if the first fix does work, I’d say we’re a couple of hours away from launch, would still like to put it through some internal testing before declaring it good.

30 Likes

Latest is that our attempts to find a quick fix have been unsuccessful.

We’re still trying to find the cause but I’m sceptical of there being a testnet tonight now. Once I know for sure I’ll post in the update thread

21 Likes

Happy to wait for the obvious bugs to be squashed… looks like good progress…:+1:

11 Likes

It looks like you may found a hang, which made a problems for all latest testnets.

7 Likes

Good call all around. There are a few loose ends and a silly quic connection lost issue that we will fix. As Dbc comes in (looking great) it will remove a ton more messages. However, this is a valid testnet so we can see where we get tomorrow. It has so many fixes and some serious refactoring of messages. That refactor is 50% there and will move on next week an awful lot more.

Running fast folks, just a few balls in the air, nothing bad though all good, very good in fact. A biggish issue we are tracking is non-reachable Adults, we hope we can keep them but they add a significant load to the elders. So :eyes: on this part and Dbc magic.

28 Likes

You may well be right, this could have been present and affecting people all along. Hopefully shows that we’re narrowing down the number of bugs and so fully exposing the remaining ones.

30 Likes

Keep the Adults? Is it possible there will only be Elders and Infants?

I mean keep non-reachable adults. If we have only reachable Adults they can relocate data between themselves and not bother Elders. When we have non-reachable Adults, then Elders are the middle men in all that data relocating. So a ton of extra work. We would always keep reachable Adults as they become Elders in time.

10 Likes