Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Going to have some more coffee…:joy::joy::coffee:

6 Likes

#relatable :joy: some of daftest moments are right after I wake up or before coffee. The other daft ones I have no excuse for :grimacing:

5 Likes

Aye. Could be that what was latest was not in sync in terms of that lib across all repos. (Probably a pr was pending merge somewhere… I’m not sure. I’m still off for another wee bit!)

At the mo all the repos are updated one after the other eg. And we’re sadly still not on full semvar so breaking changes (such as messaging version) aren’t necessarily clear from the version number.

But that’s what that error is saying. So if you see it in future that’s likely what’s going on. Something is not yet up to date between client /node/routing.

8 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up @joshuef

Im going to continue work on a script for T5 and screencasts for baby-fleming with sn_node v0.41.2

• which is VERY easy to confuse with v0.42.1 - Any chance of a couple of meaningless version bumps to v0.42.3 in order to unconfuse me? :slight_smile:
5 Likes

Can someone who understands Github inform why Maidsafe does not appear in the top 200 for commits. And if anyone knows how many commits there has been over the past 12 months it would be good to let the Twitter community know @Sotros25

3 Likes
1 Like

Good point, not sure why maid would not be top tier when it comes to comits, they are the hardest working team out there!

3 Likes

Maidsafe is not among the projects verified by this website.
Repositories like sn_node, sn_client or sn_routing each have hundreds of commits last year.

sn_node

Anyway, I don’t know how the different commits of each development are counted because there are some very strange things.

1 Like

It looks like there is a drop down menu top right. You can add your repository and have it tracked in the statistics. :racehorse:

1 Like

Well spotted but can we have a screenshot please? cos Im too dumb to find it

1 Like

Commits is a stupid metric anyway. I can make 10 commits for 10 changes or 1 commit for all 10. It is probably even more pointless than lines of code.

12 Likes

Go to cryptomiso.com. Then there is the 3 line sandwich on the top right. Select “Add Github Repo”

Press start. Then type in Maid for step one.

Now put in your github address. I don’t know that, so I stopped here.

3 Likes

Ah I was searching in vain on coingecko :slight_smile:

Thank you.

1 Like

OK I added MaidSafe · GitHub as a project fan and added a comment about the SAFENetwork transforming the internet utterly.
I reckon a few of us should do this and encourage some of the devs to do so also as officially from the project.
I fully understand that no of commits along with LoC is no indicator of project quality but Im thinking its publicity, so why the hell not?
We can all do our little bit and take a minute or two out to add our support.

13 Likes

I have actioned. Wonder how long it takes to appear on the list of available coins

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I have no clue how long it would take or how many requests it would need to trigger a “listing”. I also have no clue how useful this may be short or long-term.
I’m just thinking it is unlikely to do any harm and may just do some good.

1 Like

Just a hat tip to @oetyng, for busting out the commits on a Sunday! Thanks, man! :sunglasses:

15 Likes

Just catching up - yes that’s fine with me @Dimitar, happy for this to be moved to a new topic if you guys think it’s worth it.

I’m happy to post these “Update from MaidSafe HQ” posts as new topics from now on. I can see the benefit, as pointed out below above, for people who just glance in at the topic headings every so often.

15 Likes

What are we getting with V5?

• Vdash
  • CLI2GUI
  • DBC?

Has any community member received rewards yet?

I think there was a new fix for data loss too.

What am I missing? What else comes with V5.

2 Likes

The dbc work is separate to v5, so not integrated in any way. It’s research work that has been happening in parallel.

The main v5 updates that are/have been worked on are:

• Anti Entropy (AE).
  • Eradicate data loss issues (at lease this is the aim, full public testnet will inform us whether we’ve missed anything).
  • Reduction of unnecessary node and client messages on the Network (benefits of less code complexity, and performance improvements).

There’s been other tweaks, fixes and improvements along the way, but these are probably the headlines.

EDIT: I should also say that these are the areas that have been worked on by MaidSafe - vdash and CLI2GUI mentioned in your post are both community projects, so all credit for them goes to @happybeing and @DeusNexus, respectively.

21 Likes