Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

4 Likes

DBC proof of concept merged!

Ok MaidSafe, boat is moored up, battery full. Let it rip :dizzy:

22 Likes

gogogo team!

4 Likes

hold, hold, hold Possible bug in the CLI networks command

Have I broken it before we even get started?

2 Likes

Don’t worry it’s not tonight. Way too many moving parts today, but we will get there. Lots more done than we thought and deciding what to put out tomorrow or … well we will see it’s all moving fast :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Willie, you’re a Jonah!

3 Likes

I told @StephenC I was in love with him before, because he is grumpy and critical. I guess I’m a little bit in love with you too for breaking things. I hope nobody has a jealous streak.

8 Likes

Haw @happybeing never mind the :whale2: whales, its the Tadpoles of Doom you need to worry about, pal.

They didn’t call me the Hammer Lord for nothing :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I love you too - and every single one of your chickens as well

1 Like

No its not a bug - just me kinda misusing the safe networks add command
@bochaco explains it well here Can I play around with a safe network testnet? - #35 by bochaco

3 Likes

Go team… Loads of changes in github… :+1: Maybe a 1 min progress report would suffice :grin::grin:

Either way, keep trucking :muscle:

7 Likes

Progress happening 60 59 58 57 56 … 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 :smiley: (I know)

21 Likes

Not wrong after all [smug] :smiley:

11 Likes

I think @Toivo may have some things to say about this… :smirk:

On a separate (more harmonious) note, lots of big stuff coming with this next release!

15 Likes

That actually made me LOL!

6 Likes

I’m swimming towards that petty island next to France with a knife in my teeth… and obviously a smartphone in my hand, how else could I write this while swimming. Why phone, you my ask? I think there is going to be a testnet with mobile access before I reach that cursed land. I’m not gonna skip that for such a petty reasons, you know? And Sascha… I know you know.

12 Likes

Any news? It might be a good idea to keep the old format with the Thursday updates and let everyone know how things are going with the project.

2 Likes

Things are moving too fast for the team to take time out to write up the usual updates.
We may get a shiny new testnet 5 tomorrow - then again we may not. The situation is fluid but positive.
Best to monitor the forum closely if you need to have your finger directly on the pulse.

9 Likes

Lot’s daily :wink: Seriously lots happening each day. AE, Dbcs (we have these with no owner now)and much much more in terms of data loss, speed and stability. A lot very technical, but headlines are each testnet is done as fast as humanly possible and no time is spared on any other issues. In saying that a few of us are doing a bunch of work and soon interviews again. I just agreed to an interview on Monday and another with Ernie Hancock on Tuesday. So expect some tired looking ramblings. But the Engineers, they are face down and only look up when we launch a testnet.

This is the option, release faster or slow down and write updates. For now we are all testnet. I expect it to slow down a bit to give time for weekly updates, but not for a few weeks.

44 Likes

Got it, thank you for the update David! Was hoping an intern with social media skill could do a quick update on the main page, not for the man himself to respond to me :blush::wink:. I Appreciate the effort and determination, Go Safe!

10 Likes