Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Sadly true, Celtic never really got started this season at all, which allowed a plucky new club to clinch the first major trophy of their short but still debt-ridden history.

1 Like

Scotland is not one of them, he was talking about FORMER colonies. I am not laughing BTW.

I also feel the testnet in by fredbones BTW!

1 Like

@Josh, is it your turn to win or are you a winner either way?! :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I’m up for a bet, can I get in on the fun?

2 Likes

Getting the test when I am an not in range of participation feels like a loss.
(I’ll be mostly happy anyway :wink:)

But I am with Mark on this one. :grin:

3 Likes

Let’s hope I’m right because I didn’t specify a timeframe :rofl:

5 Likes

Testnet Update

I don’t believe a testnet is likely this week.

There are issues stalling us on a couple of fronts at the moment:

1. We’ve noticed that some messages are not getting through in our internal testnets. We’ve so far narrowed this down to have been introduced by the recent update to Tokio v1 / Quinn v0.7.0 / qp2p v0.10.0, but which crate of those the bug is in we are currently working to ascertain and escalate accordingly. Upgrading to Tokio v1 does bring benefits elsewhere so preferably we wouldn’t have to roll this back.

2. Getting the new Elders of the respective sibling sections up to speed with the parent section Elders, and having them handling requests as if they were already an Elder, is
    proving a bit more time consuming than we had hoped.

Looks like it will be the normal dev update this Thursday.

37 Likes

Never been so happy about a no test… update :grin::partying_face:

7 Likes

@StephenC announces another no test network this week and the price goes up !!
maybe he should do this more often ?

6 Likes

If they could announce a test net prior to or on same day as COINBASE COIN ticker direct listing to the market that would be perfect timing(crypto big money is going to push btc/eth higher right up with coinbase public market launch as this is a big deal for crypto in general). They list at end of March its looking like. You got 2 weeks or so MAIDSAFE, push hard AF and lets get something out there to the masses to play with!

Some strategy for you there MAID :sunglasses: Hopefully its doable and it will do right by some longtime coin holders too.

Sssh everyone. The Devs are hunting bugs. Let them get on with it in peace.

1 Like

23 Likes

Hello Parsec and opaque consensus order :slight_smile: Oh the terrors returned for a second there

18 Likes

@StephenC can announce every minute now if testnet will be likely next thursday :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Maybe for the first time there is a friday testnet :wink:

1 Like

You could actually be right. I see no Github activity today yet. Are they still working to get a final update out? Who knows! Maybe it’s my optimism talking, it could just be them not knowing how to fix the last bugs :wink:

please don’t take this the wrong way as much as I am enjoying the previews from Stephen and trust me I’m here every Thursday and now always looking to see what he says. I think Stephen should not give announcement when the testnet is coming. I think it should come from the Dev Update or from Dave himself.
it’s ok if he previews that there won’t be a testnet but he shouldn’t preview when it’s coming
just my two cents
again nothing again Stephen

3 Likes

No update from @StephenC mean testnet this week :slight_smile:

I’m afraid David already mentioned they hope within 2 weeks. Which is still great news, but our patience is still being tested.

7 Likes
9 Likes