Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

I think @Scorch gets community MVP this week.
https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-vault/commit/fecdf9a892dfbb2a2ebffc89a4fdfcc514f65674

Amongst some others! Seems like some focus on concurrency in vaults and expanding the use of await/async? Would be cool to hear more about this.

22 Likes

It’s exciting to see technical members of the community committing code; definitely increases the sense of “openness”.

16 Likes

It’s actually a bit mind-boggling to see community members making a commit… to follow closely enough and understand well enough to actually code a change to in progress work. MVP indeed.

18 Likes

And making whole projects (like erc20 work) (so many there, but the likes of @happybeing pushing solid and more is a huge area and a huge win) or as @mav @tfa and others do, create mini networks, test various aspects decisions with backup information and alternatives, and so on. It’s all amazing and I hope that they all feel we do appreciate it and value the feedback immensly.

That’s only devs, then we have marketing, finance, community drivers and so much more.

34 Likes

@Scorch and @DeusNexus killing it too.

16 Likes

Presumably, there could be some news about e2e testing today or soon-ish, if PRs are anything to go by. Exciting stuff!

Side note, commit messages often contain real gems @joshuef :wink:

15 Likes

haha. test branch for CI debugging. Will eventually be rebased into something more sane, promise! :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Casting the github runes this morning suggests nothing earth shattering this week, but let’s see!

6 Likes

Sniff no toys again? :frowning:

1 Like

Still getting exciting!
https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_node/pull/1119

7 Likes

Slow but steady progress here, already got a domain and setting up the front-end interface (UI/UX and security certificates and all that good stuff).

14 Likes

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_node/releases/tag/v0.25.1

14 Likes

“Implements a SAFE Network [cough] Vault”, psst, don’t say a word.

8 Likes

Yes I thought that may make a few folk happy :grinning:

5 Likes

!!!TOYS!!! soon?

1 Like

I don’t think so. My assumption is that they’ll spend a couple of weeks doing internal tests of the network, and find things to fix up before that can be a public test.

But I’m not sure they are at the start of that process yet, so nothing for a few weeks at least IMO.

But I’m only guessing, so who knows.

On the plus side, when we do get the next public test it should be very close to Fleming features.

11 Likes

Yes, not quite yet, e2e tests partly going on, lots of testing of smaller bits happening, but we need large scale e2e tests before we can release testnets etc. Hope not too long now.

22 Likes

Ahhh nothing to get excited about here I’m afraid! That’s just the same v0.25.1 release from 16th July 2020.
As part of the process of introducing continuous delivery I was standardising the latest tags from x.x.x to vx.x.x. With the v0.25.1 and v0.25.0 releases it left them orphaned with no tag when I deleted the old ones, which put them as draft releases. I added the new tags and re-released them.

Should have known someone would be watching :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Ahh I was afraid of that, I tried to have a quick squiz but was on my phone. :joy:
Nonetheless I am getting bombarded by the repos I watch so am excited still!

9 Likes

A thousand eyeballs or so :eyes:
GitHub’s not for the paranoid is it?

15 Likes