Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

It is obvious

I read the last 2 updates and its not obvious, can you then tell me either in % or in weeks/months /years how far is it from testnets to even begin?

To be precise safe-api crate just passed to version 0.2.0.

For safe_vault crate I am not sure which branch is more up to-date: vNext branch was updated regurarly until recently, but now it is master branch that is being updated but not everything has been merged (routing is notably missing)

3 Likes

There is sufficient funding for approx 2 years. Plenty of time for testnets

2 Likes

That it is obvious means, that every progress can lead to new issue. The already known issues are on GitHub, but when they solve one and move forward they can not plan what kind of new issue will come. This takes unfortunately lot of time from coding all planned things.
So it looks that we are like 90% of Fleming done, but last 10% can take more than 1/9 already spent time (since Alpha 2).

4 Likes

I dont know if this in an appropriate question for the coming update perhaps but were all loans completed.
Was the full amount recieved?

2 Likes

Any info in my inbox on Maidsafe is gold!

2 Likes

Later update than usual. Must be a big one. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Or it is not thursday yet :wink:

11 Likes

Hate to break it to you but its Wednesday😅

11 Likes

I have been checking all evening.
OMG.
Haha
Sorry guys.

23 Likes

looking into the github seems there is no major progress with the old pull requests that are still open , you should not expect any big update today

Welcome back, Starsmick. We’ve missed you.

11 Likes

Maybe since they appeared a few days after he left

4 Likes

Nonsense. Pure FUD.

4 Likes

Careful now, Starsmick doesn’t like to be called a sock puppet.
He probably doesn’t get his paycheck if he can’t demonstrate, within a time period, some form of undetected forum trolling.

I’ll put this here to remind old, and put this on the radar to new readerships.

2 Likes

All current work goes to vNext because master is used for a single-node Vault auto-updates (so probably it should have been named stable or phase-1). vNext is going to be merged into master as soon as we’ll be ready to release the next phase of Vaults (Phase 2a). Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Seventeen issues were closed for safe_vault in the last hour. Gosh, are we about to launch?

No, this is how development works. It’s like buses, you wait and wait and then seventeen come along all at once.

TLDR; you can’t draw conclusions from selected bits and pieces. If you do that you will find whatever you look for, and mislead yourself and anyone willing to listen to you rather than take a long view.

We all have a tendency to be lazy rather than do the hard work ourselves, it’s just human :roll_eyes:, but some will prey on that to mislead.

13 Likes

You know when SAFE finally comes out it’s going to blow people’s minds. I mean I’ve been telling people about this for YEARS and they’re like “Yeah okay, tell me when it’s done.” And it’s getting close to actually being done. And when it finally is done I’m going to be like “Ok here, click this link and download it already!” And they’re going to be like “Whaa… holy crap this is like secret agent shit!” And I’m just farming safecoin going “See I told you.”

14 Likes

atoadaso :rofl:
(NSFW) Trailerpark Boys - I Toad a so - YouTube

1 Like

Interesting… QR codes from safe auth

https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-api/pull/364

14 Likes