Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Maybe Starsmick comes from one of those Eastern European countries where politeiness is not a learned thing. Maybe he thinks he is being polite in his own way? But he is a panic merchant and he wouldn’t make my soccer team

2 Likes

I fully agree - i just want us to stay an open and reflective community =)

And when I read the reactions on starsmick it just felt like I should say something :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think this was not confirmed/ mentioned lately- is the common coin issue to be addressed and fixed before launch or will this be done later ?maybe someone from community knows?

4 Likes

I think there is a chance of some testnets next week maybe. Or maybe already something like that is happening, the team mentioned 2 weeks ago in the weekly update:

We are pulling it all together here and leaving time to focus on internals (such as replacing emulated BLS with real BLS) while we try out small testnets (possibly all private to begin with) and confirm acceptability.

3 Likes

I had no idea what you were asking about, so I searched “common coin”.
It seems common sense to me that it must be fixed before launch.
Surely that makes sense to you also?
We cant launch without everything in place to make the network run properly.

3 Likes

just found this nice link in github , added by @joshuef xd its some screenshots from safeapp i believe

safe app looks clean !

9 Likes

or…

concernfag: someone who always seems to be concerned about things that they have no control over.

griefer: spreads grief and participates primarily to interfere

looks like a big pull request is soon to be merged for Vaults- (WIP) Integrate with Routing

3 Likes

Dev Update on Halloween.
Hope it will be full of treats.

2 Likes

Who are you and what have you done with Starsmick :santa: . The mock screenshots look nice, fully agree. Looks like it costs small amount of Safecoin to bring people onto the network, aka “invite” ? Kinda curious about that as we will need a way for users to easily join the decentralized net. Enforcing they own safecoin might be a decent blocker to adoption. Maybe we could enforce it via public IP? First time the IP joins the network its free and “dup” accounts cost a little safecoin to prevent account creation spam(actually no that won’t work… ughh)? Idk I am sure there is a thread buried away on all this somewhere hah :grinning: .

4 Likes

Have you seen Building the SAFE Network UX | On-boarding to an Autonomous Internet - YouTube , it shows possible different ways to get on to the network.

2 Likes

AFAIK parsec currently uses a common coin but it is predictable.

Latest link I found:

4 Likes

just checked the github and in last 2 weeks the pace doesnt look the best , there must have been some major issues to work out in routing i guess lets hope this is solved soon.delays… delays eh

as far as i remember David said they would get out of github because it slows them down … I may remember wrong :wink:

Edit: “We will eventually not spend time reporting much more than GitHub project boards. (We will still have weekly dev updates/announcements)”

2 Likes

… He is some tired.

He said, that they want clear code.

Daily Routing commits history: https://github.com/maidsafe/routing/commits/fleming

So yes, they had weekend with no work done on GitHub.

3 Likes

If we measured this project on github commits then we are looking for stars with a stethoscope. It’s not an indication to look at commits over a few hours or day really @anon94252342 . You say something must have been happening, perhaps slight tweaks to staff, offices and so on? Jeepers man
The Engineers are working away soak testing and working on their PRs etc. as they should be. These types of unhelpful posts would make folk move repos private. Seriously discouraging comments and invalid assumptions there @anon94252342

29 Likes

@anon94252342 posts the same crap week in, week out. He rarely even bothers responding to people calling him out on it. Why would he, when the objective appears to be to troll and spread FUD; he contributes little else it seems.

4 Likes

Beats me why you don’t sell up and join a " learn to have a positive attitude" course

4 Likes

@anon94252342, we’ve got funding for a long time, we’ve got amazing focus and progress.
I think you could get a better feeling for what that means by watching this: https://www.facebook.com/stevie.pyn/videos/10162522056480083/?app=fbl

Take impression :sunglasses:

13 Likes