Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

ever heard of tabbed terminal?
also you can make a script that controls them all

1 Like

Or a terminal multiplexer like tmux or GNU Screen.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Does this mean that reliable message delivery is finished?

6 Likes

According to the Back End roadmap only 1 issue in progress to go

9 Likes

It feels great to see you guys no longer second guessing, but using the same tools we use to measure progress. We are all seeing the same story now and it’s a great one. This is all a lot more comfortable now, of course we will see slippage and delays, but know where and can be told why.

42 Likes

Don’t know about you guys, but I am hoping a real bombshell gets dropped tomorrow :wink: feels like we are getting really close to critical milestones that will make people have to re-evaluate their fundamental analysis on the value of MAID

8 Likes

I think adopting quic-p2p accelerated the project immensely.

10 Likes

Looks like reliable message relay is done. Vaults and quic-p2p have made decent progress too.

Loving these boards: Backend Roadmap to Beta · GitHub

12 Likes

One item still needs review, but looks good indeed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think coded doesn’t mean done in the sense wanted here, because there will be some unit testing (probably short but could find bugs which adds delay), plus integration testing as each new piece is added to the system. So I’m not expecting a public testnet/vaults at home for a couple of weeks (at least) after Maidsafe start soak testing their own Fleming code. Question is will we know when that starts? I think we know it can’t start until all the individual tasks show complete.

17 Likes

Some interesting merges in Github. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

That is full steam ahead :grinning:

10 Likes

will there be a public release after the phase 1 simple vault is ready (as in the gantt chart)? seems like very close according to github…

6 Likes

Does anyone know where the dev updates went? I mean I assume given the excitement on this thread they are still SOMEWHERE but I havent seen any progress updates since April. So where did they disappear to?

1 Like

They are still where they have always been under the Development topic

4 Likes

Expecting some good news in this week’s update. Most of the August releases are nearly done with a week to go in July. I wonder what we can expect in September???

3 Likes

Fireworks :boom: :smile:

5 Likes

I wondered where you were gone … :smiley:

Maybe you accidentally muted the category?

2 Likes

I’ve not looked at the project boards but I’m wondering, with wild optimism if we’ll see the first new style vault soon. That’s not a test network, if I understand correctly, but a single real vault that simulates the network on a single machine. One small step for a secure storage system, one … :moon:

11 Likes