Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

I’m guessing Alpha 2 three weeks from now :crystal_ball:

3 Likes

I would guess something interesting before or during the BtF pitch. Which starts in 6 days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s my thinking. Midway through BtF is roughly 2 months since alpha one. 2 months was mentioned somewhere. But if the nerd keeps delaying the boss it may be next year. :confounded:

5 Likes

They know that whatever they can release during the pitch will help the cause, so they will release as much as they can as quickly as they can I’m sure. That’s basically business as usual though isn’t it lol? :wink:

I think the next 3 months will be very interesting, but it will be interesting for the next decade hopefully, so I’m trying to just keep perspective and patience :confused: I suspect the story will get pretty crazy post safecoin release. Can’t come soon enough. I want to be a gazillionaire in a world where freedom has a voice.:smile_cat:

2 Likes

hmmm…you would think they could use/adapt maelstrom to host torrents (since they created it…)

1 Like

@Jabba that makes sense that good news would drop with B2TF but read the edited part of this post by David MaidSafe Dev Update - 6th September 2016 - #10 by dirvine
Seems like 6 days would be too intense of a crunch? I think for vaults and launcher to be on the same network, disjoint groups and data chains have to be implemented, and even before data chains, secure node join needs to be done. I hope you’re right though cause this man loves him some maidsafe :smile:

2 Likes

Well, the pitch is on for 30 days+ so they have at least 5 weeks from now to wow the world in some way… who knows though, maybe they will sell out BtF on the first day?! I’m just looking for good news lol. :grin:

3 Likes

Excellent point @Jabba 30 days indeed muahahaha

3 Likes

Rfc 0041 low level api Part 1 #324

7 Likes

Support appendable data #547

This code is being reviewed right now. It shows up in routing as well. And several devs are active in this area. Remember this one?

There’s also code in Safe core. So it seems we are see very close to the implementation of Appendable Data :+1: :+1: :+1:

12 Likes

Sucks when you wait all day for the update and realise it’s MONDAY :astonished:

12 Likes

Whoops just realized I had the same problem when reading this thread :grinning:

4 Likes

Crust got updated to version 0.18

10 Likes

Anybody else excited by the recent work on Github? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Safe core at version 0.20.0

launcher at version 0.9

Vault at version 0.12

Routing at version 0.26.0

11 Likes

I feel a Testnet 9 coming in 3,2,1… :wink:

Edit/ spot on lol

8 Likes

(WIP) Symmetric encryption of directories #338

feat/routing table: added disjoint groups routing table to crate #1144

8 Likes

This is a screenshot from the dev-forum

Seems like the proxy will be removed. No more mixed browsing! No need te let your web-apps work on several browsers. The main focus for SAFE will be the Beaker Browser.

this is what we got this morning:

Remember TEST 9:

The web-apps are coming!

13 Likes

Am i reading this right? At this stage they are forcing the safe browser on people making it impossible to browse safe in the web browser?

I hope they do :+1:.

2 Likes