Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Anyone excited for this weeks update?

10 Likes

too busy getting worked up about the logo competition :blush:
but now that u mention it: yesssss

4 Likes

Yep, it’s getting really really close now to a release, and I’m hoping that the latest test have all passed with flying colours. Would be great if they were ready to release something in a couple of days as that would tie in nicely with the final for logo competition as well. That has 2 days and 17hrs to go, so new product with new logo could be shipping on late Tue/early Weds?

Speculation of course.

3 Likes

I’m always pleased to hear what progress is being made, though I’m not particularly excited for this week.

It seemed clear in the last update that there’s a lot of work to be done to get a network with reliable data retention that’s not working from droplets, so I can’t imagine releases this week being a huge step forward. Hopefully we’ll see the non-droplet network running again, so it’ll be interesting to see where that is at.

I’m definitely excited about what the next few months could bring, but not really the next week, though I’d love to be surprised with some big improvements :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah I would love it if alpha came out next week, but with the logo competition going on I doubt it. It would be too quick of a turnaround to incorproate the new logo into the MVP. IMO.

Either way still excited to hear about the news whether it’s a new developer joining the team or what have you.

1 Like

We still have to vote on the logo. In my fantasyland big things come shortly after.

I don’t think we will see dramatic changes to anything soon but the following statement by David makes me think Alpha will be called soon on the A Network while B continues in pursuit of data persistence. But I am probably just an over eager beaver.

4 Likes

Happiness = Reality – Expectations

Having expectations (high or even low) will not help the project. It will just bring emotion to the table and with that disappointment. Expecting too high can make anything less a let down.
Having no expectation will make every stride, however small, a positive event.

Be happy!

4 Likes

WIP Disjoint groups #1126

More info on disjoint groups.

9 Likes

you are right, but is imposible dont have hype with the updates, even if it results almost ever in little disappointments

This is a speculation thread. But I do agree with what you say as a general rule.

Always happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, in practice it is very hard not to have expectation. But we can give our best to be conscious of the hype and try have a little less expectations than otherwise going full “to the moon!” train.

You cannot just switch off the hype BUT with proper effort each time the hype comes more and more sobering moments will also arise in the mind. These sober moments will bring good trading decisions. This is my experience.

P.S. sorry for the seemingly off-topic post but I recon keeping your cool to be very on-topic!

1 Like

Maidsafe Utilities at version 0.9.0

Config File Handler at version 0.4.0

Crust at version 0.17.0

7 Likes

Routing to version 0.23.4

This update will be added to the Vault as well:

Chore/deps: migrate to rust_sodium and routing 0.23.4

Quite some work done in Routing over the last few days:

It seems the updates in routing will be added to the upcoming release of the Vaults. Probably without the Disjoint groups yet as this is still WIP (work in progress) but really cool to see a lot of new code coming to the Vaults. Remember the TEST 7 topic?

Seems routing 0.23 got some updates :thumbsup:

12 Likes

hello alpha my old friend.
I’ve come to talk to you again.

11 Likes

We need one of these every week please haha

6 Likes

I think alpha is still a bit far from us. If you check the roadmap, you will see.

At least a couple of steps yet to beta. We see stable network because the droplets are competent.

Resolving capability to manage weak nodes and not allowing those to be disruptive; then ensuring data integrity, are tough problems and we need to be sure the answers to those problems are solid.

It could equally be that alpha is released subject to caveats about its limitations. That is what ‘alpha’ normally is?

Alpha perhaps will be a statement of a network that can work but at this point is liable to instability where there are too many weak nodes; and whatever else is an issue. I would expect that alpha data would be wiped again at beta in any case.

I’m very happy with the progress to date … can’t fault it :smiley:

9 Likes

Chomping at the bit :grimacing:

6 Likes

Cool stuff if it is what I think it is…

2 Likes

this is taking so long :frowning: