Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

I remember watching his videos when Bitcoin was big time. Some are still worthy of watching even today.
Seemed way too under-viewed.

2 Likes

Yep…still waiting for part 3 of this one…best explanation of the protocol out there.

3 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: SAFE Datachain (work in progress)

Am i right to assume, that the next thing we are dreaming about here (after upcoming testnet4 and following testnets) would be “p2p” (no droplets) alpha 1, with vault-management (maybe integrated into the launcher?) and installers for an auto-updating launcher software package?
I
am
so
excited!!!
:grin:
Thank you MAIDSafe!!! :blush:

5 Likes

Other than the “no droplets”, auto-updating, and integration, that sounds like community1. :smile:

Seriously, I just had an idea that is worth playing with (i.e., testing) which I’ll put on a new topic.

5 Likes

Another external Dev made a Pull Request to change some code :thumbsup:

11 Likes

Any guesses what we can expect in today’s update? If not testent4, then maybe an estimate for the start of testnet4? What do you think?

Ross said early this week for testnet4. Tomorrow would be the middle of the week. :smile:

2 Likes

about 21hrs UTC aprox as per most tuesdays…

Launcherv0.5 security patch #145 ready to be pulled.

More detailed…

8 Likes

very very cool - ooooh i wish it was tuesday again xD … i’m so impatient xD …

4 Likes

Well, Friday isn’t far away. :slight_smile: According to the last update:

TEST 4 will be released for community testing when the current work in Crust async is completed, integrated and tested. More detail of the ongoing work in Crust below.

if the testing and integration goes well, we will have a releasable Crust by the end of this week.

10 Likes

Yey!!! :smiley: i hope those discussions about funding won’t eat up too much time oft the devs ._____. if they need to justify everything they do again and again they won’t have time left for the things that need to be done here!

8 Likes

Test 4 today… perhaps, definitely maybe? ')

8 Likes

That for sure definitely might be happening possibly

5 Likes

i’m pretty sure you might be right and we definitely have the chance to maybe get the next version of vaults today :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I can’t help but 100% believe you half-heartedly

2 Likes

haha okay i wanted to drop in some promising github-pushs :open_mouth: but i have to admit i 100% don’t know what they are doing xD so no clue how the current status is - i’d wildly guess we get the testnet with the next update :cry::grin:

2 Likes

Here’s what you do:

Have an account on github.com.

Set maidsafe/safe_vault to “watch”.

In your profile, configure “notification” to be by email rather than by web.

Have a smartphone that beeps when a new email arrives.

Look at every email the moment it arrives.

(Although I cannot imagine why some people do those last two things).

Then forget about it, until…

A new entry appears under “maidsafe/safe_vault/releases”

Then, jump on here and let everyone know.

:smile:

7 Likes

perfect plan - but sorry my phone doesn’t support push-notifications :flushed: :fearful: