Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

One more improvement like this and it is absolute perfect.

2 Likes

Steady!!!

It IS an impressive reduction in required resources but I get the feeling there are many more optimisations /tweaks yet to come that together may well show similar increases in speed and reliability.

The prototype has just rolled out of the workshop and has only done a few development laps yet.

– Simplify, then add lightness. –

15 Likes

Chapman would approve!

1 Like

Anyone know where RDF/LinkedData will fall in the SN roadmap?

I have seen many people want features within Spotify that would be realistically achievable with Linked Data. Granted there might be a significant amount of interface development needed to support the desired features which might be part of the reason they haven’t delivered on them.

Anyhow the roadmap page on safenetwork.tech is 404ing at the moment.

9 Likes

I can feel the maidsafe’s fire @happybeing

6 Likes

Roadmap will be getting some love soon… it’s in dire need.

RDF/LinkedData (my personal crush too) will almost certainly come after the Network is on its feet. It is going to be a supreme tool, the awesome-sauce of Safe, but if we are looking at the straightest line to roll out features and helping people, it makes sense to have it come after.

25 Likes

On the edge of chair already!

There has been a lot of activity in GH recently, but difficult to make any sense about it. PR’s worked and merged left and right, even when tests are failing. But after merges, Nightly release run passes! Then again release process fails after that.

But I’m quite sure it’s going to be a very interesting update today!

12 Likes

The agogometer is giving inconsistent readings. Big things are certainly happening but whether they will be ready for announcement later today is not so certain.

blst-bulletproofs is interesting but again the Readme.md contains caveats which suggests WIP not an imminent release. https://camo.githubusercontent.com/97e1577fed4ac754d5d6acd28c539e6c4d35d89d6a8a21b1bebd86e56f6fa812/68747470733a2f2f646f632e64616c656b2e72732f6173736574732f62756c6c657470726f6f66732d72616e676570726f6f662e706e67

just makes me wish I had paid more attention in college maths. However there may be hope and I will have a look at the links in that doc otherwise I am going to have to offer drink and sexual favours to someone who can adequately explain it to me using alphanumerics and NO greek or math symbols.

GitHub - maidsafe/sn_dbc_examples again is very interesting. But note the section that says what this crate is NOT…

OTOH the work going into the sn_diagrams cannot purely be for internal use only. Something is about to get announced and with supporting diagrams/graphics - just not this afternoon at my guess.

I think we may be justified in going pure agog next week or the week after

Averaged agogometer reading 7.238

13 Likes

Yeah I got excited to see the new membership / consensus system being advanced in rapid pace, but it seems it’s not quite there yet either.

But a lot of steps forward in many areas anyway.

And something new for the next comnet too!

8 Likes

I suspect tonights update will be “steady progress all round” and an announcement on ERC-20 Maid but no major network code updates just yet.

That clicketty-clack noise you hear is ducks getting put in a line for the next week or two.

The ERC-20 news will be most welcome but I am more concerned with the actual code than trading.

Anyhow advance congrats to @Sotros25 et al for all their hard work and diligence.

EDIT: OK I was wrong its happened before and it will happen again…

8 Likes

we now have private data in API!

11 Likes

Technically, it hasn’t been approved yet. But I like how people here are all over Github like hungry chickens. :slight_smile:

:sascha:

11 Likes

Not sure we have it 100% yet, that for sure is a fix needed in the api to have access to them, but we still need to review how we are dealing with the encryption keys in terms of the public APIs (and CLI).

14 Likes

I noticed this yesterday. So did my agogometer.

11 Likes

And then this happened.

14 Likes

Bit late today?
Checks calendar… Yes it IS Thursday, been wrong like that before…
So are the mighty ants still toiling to put together a bumper update for us?
Plenty of GitHub action but maybe its not quite ready for primetime yet…

Agogometer 8.865 (averaged)

4 Likes

Just merged [rubs hands]:

23 Likes

Hell, it’s about time.

23 Likes

Oh yes !!! it was a biggie

21 Likes

Sorry if this is too obvious but… Is the hope here with this latest code, to have a stable testnet… Even with many nodes joining and leaving in quick succession?

8 Likes