Pre-Dev-Update Thread! Yay! :D

Yes I will use it!

I feel like Orson Welles when he said: I spent half my life making movies and the other half trying to raise money to make movies.

For me I spend half my life programming games, and the other half trying to crush stupid bugs :bug: :spider:

4 Likes

I feel like a stalker, hoping for those ticks to show up…

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_client/runs/2790766087?check_suite_focus=true

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_client/runs/2790710429?check_suite_focus=true

9 Likes

And even worse, I’m not sure I know what I’m looking at…

8 Likes

I probably understand like half the stuff that’s going on in their GitHub, and I’m a developer myself for crying out loud.

The worst part is, I’m refreshing every 5 minutes, and all I really understand is they’re working ungodly hours, they commit a ton and I cheer whenever I see a new release ( which btw is around every 15 minutes :rofl:)

16 Likes

Tomorrow is Friday so, we maybe wait next week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Testnet will be worth the wait with AE and optimizations regardless but, will DBC be part of v6? Not sure if that has been clarified yet. I know there is good progress but also unsure if it’s fully integrated to make v6. Thanks

8 Likes

No we will release T6 before Dbc, I hope for Dbc in T7 though

22 Likes

Okay i figured but thanks for confirmation. :+1:

8 Likes

there was a time not too long ago when there were 2 years between testnets. i really dont mind another day/week/even month of waiting :rofl:
pretty mind-blowing how things have accelerated, shows how close we are now

37 Likes

Great! Looking forward to V6, but no rush on my part. Take the time, put out the best possible test-net. Each one is a big step forward.

17 Likes

Ignore the previous two sooks and get me a testnet NOW !!!
#WartsAndAll

EDIT: Nah - take yer time – Nasty messages about checking disks have appeared after my box rebooted itself there. As I feared my elderly i5 mobo has reached EOL. Looks like I need to sell some of my non-MAID crypto to raise funds for a new mobo, CPU and RAM… Deeply depressed - send lawyers guns and money. Or beer.

And on reboot after fsck, it keeps chucking me back to the login screen. Even if I can persuade this box to stay alive, Im going to have to dig out the Ubuntu live USB and repair the boogered (that ones for you Sascha) file system. Deep depression - send more beer

16 Likes

Wow, well done team. Great to hear such confidence surrounding v6, I was getting worried… But again the team perseveres! So, I guess next week to test the latest edition? Today ain’t gonna happen I presume… Regardless, this is super exciting!

:grin:

15 Likes

I feel a disturbance…

willie@leonov:~$ safe update
Checking target-arch... x86_64-unknown-linux-musl
Checking current version... v0.26.0
Checking latest released version... v0.28.1
New release found! v0.26.0 --> v0.28.1
New release is *NOT* compatible
Error: Error performing update: ReleaseError: No asset found for target: `x86_64-unknown-linux-musl`

I doubt that message will stay the same for long :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m getting a failure trying to build the latest sn_api

willie@leonov:~/projects/maidsafe/sn_api-0.28.1$ cargo build --release
    Updating crates.io index
  Downloaded async-trait v0.1.50

===snip====

Compiling sn_transfers v0.7.5
   Compiling sn_messaging v35.0.0
   Compiling igd v0.12.0
   Compiling qp2p v0.12.3
   Compiling sn_client v0.60.0
   Compiling sn_api v0.28.1 (/home/willie/projects/maidsafe/sn_api-0.28.1)
error[E0277]: can't compare `Vec<u8>` with `[u8]`
   --> src/app/multimap.rs:148:22
    |
148 |             if entry == MULTIMAP_REMOVED_MARK {
    |                      ^^ no implementation for `Vec<u8> == [u8]`
    |
    = help: the trait `PartialEq<[u8]>` is not implemented for `Vec<u8>`
    = note: required because of the requirements on the impl of `PartialEq<&[u8]>` for `&Vec<u8>`

error[E0277]: can't compare `Vec<u8>` with `[u8]`
  --> src/app/multimap.rs:79:53
   |
79 |             .filter(|(_, (entry_key, _))| entry_key == key)
   |                                                     ^^ no implementation for `Vec<u8> == [u8]`
   |
   = help: the trait `PartialEq<[u8]>` is not implemented for `Vec<u8>`
   = note: required because of the requirements on the impl of `PartialEq<&[u8]>` for `&Vec<u8>`

error: aborting due to 2 previous errors

For more information about this error, try `rustc --explain E0277`.
error: could not compile `sn_api`

To learn more, run the command again with --verbose.
warning: build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...
error: build failed

I think the bugs are in a good hiding spot

Hmmm, you could be right :face_with_head_bandage:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Stupid jokes

Piquing my interest but not quite sure what it entails yet. Just safe_core renamed??

It’s node/routing/messaging and client rolled into one repo. Still outputting a sn_node bin, and still exporting client for APIs.

This should (once it’s going, just tidying up after the merging), 1) stop the doubts over what is compatible with what. (this node + this client from sn v0.0.01 will always work together). It also 2) should simplify a lot of work (a messaging change wont require 4 PRs to get it in) and 3) allow more robust testing, as we have client code directly with node, we can run those tests. But also do integration testing when changing messaaging/routing too!

So should be a nice wee change once we have made the rust linter happy!

28 Likes

I’m paralyzed by the anxiety: do we get the testnet this week or not? :grimacing:

If yes, could it be today? My eye for the Github tealeaves has been quite good before, but now I’m totally lost with the view there…

EDIT: What I see is some action that seems mostly like adjusting some details. That leads me thinking that, either A) everything is so well, that now is a good time to do some housekeeping while making some final adjustments or B) the devil in the details has revealed some nasty flaw in the design and the housekeeping is done on the side of serious conversations.

9 Likes